Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stating Intent before sleep
Wanted to start a conversation about when you want to dream about a particular subject by stating your intention before going to sleep. What prompted me to think about this is the dream I had last night. Before going to sleep I made it very clear I wanted to dream about the upcoming presidential election or any major events surrounding the presidential election.

The only dream I can remember is a dream about my ex-husband. Dreamed I was in a house with him and he had the day off from work. I asked him, why didn't you tell me you took a day off from work? He said, why should I have told you? I thought, yes that's right we're divorced so there would be no reason for me to be here. At this point in the dream I am starting to think I must be dreaming this. The next thought was, why am I dreaming about someone I would not want to see again? The last thought was, something is not right here. End of dream.

Afterthoughts: This whole dream felt like a diversion to distract me from my goal of dreaming about the election.
What steps did you take besides saying "I want to dream about this XX"?

Prayer, Meditation, cleansing bath, oils or scents in the room, candles, smudging, or any other kind of ritual?
Nope, no other steps. Normally all I have to do is state the intention. I years past, I've tried additional things like you mentioned and they don't seem to make a difference with me.

(07-21-2016, 10:51 AM)Windy Wrote: What steps did you take besides saying "I want to dream about this XX"?

Prayer, Meditation, cleansing bath, oils or scents in the room, candles, smudging, or any other kind of ritual?
I remember on the Dallas project, my path was going a different direction, and i swear every dead person in the country was coming to tell me their stories, and when i did my intentions for Dallas, the only thing I got was a dead guys story who was from Dallas!

Talk about frustrating... sometimes there is nothing you can do but hold on for the ride.
For my dreams when I've tried to go back to my vision or try to find out what my dad has been trying to say, I try and bring myself to a state of mindfulness, then I try and invoke the feeling, whether it's the place or the person. So emotions are pretty important to me on how I get to the proper state.

Now for Project September, it was more like I envisioned the time period. But with that same kind of meditation ahead of intending and sleeping.

Julie - was anything metaphorical about your ex and what could be a major event ahead of the election? Just saying a major event pretty much leaves it wide open. Was there a reason that you weren't "supposed to be there"? Is that trying to tell you something?

And the reason I say that is could it possibly point to no election?