Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck in My Head ALL DAY
Though I often 'awake to dream songs', rarely do they stay 'in my head' all day. They normally fade within a few minutes, to an hour or so.  Today, though, this single song has been stuck in my head ALL DAY.  I had to look it up on YouTube just to see the Orchestral version of it (the opera singer is quite talented!)

Ennio Morricone - The Ecstasy of Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-rHdSWZLpQ

Sorry, but had to share - great performance, not sure why it's been in my head all day, though.
Consider yourself lucky. I spent several hours with grandson's music playing and now I've got some damned song about five little fishies stuck in my head. Tongue
I was once stuck in the "It's a Small World" ride at Disneyworld for 20 minutes. Hell, I tell ya......
To Paladin and GG, my heart is with you. :-)

I went to sleep hearing 'The Ecstasy of Gold'...and I don't think it's any 'forward offer', either. Just a tune that got 'stuck' in the ethereal jukebox, even after I dozed off last night.
Maybe "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", has a message for you? Maybe you are going to find your gold in the desert. Wink
My mother LOVED "It's a Small World." And when she rode the ride, she demanded the entire family ride with her...over and over and over...

I detest that ride but I will ride it because I'll get to sit in an air conditioned space for a few minutes. Grim.

I've been waking up to the Hoyt Axton duet with Linda Ronstadt "Lion in Winter" for a few weeks now. At least it's not that damned 5 fishies song.
so now do we start a thread of the songs being put in our heads to see what advice/promise they give?
Edna, I like that idea...
I can guarantee the five little fishies song isn't advising me of anything except to avoid that music. Big Grin

In my case, I have a different situation with the music that pops up in my head. There are times when I'm aware of people thinking about me because I hear song snippets. Think ringtones, tunes that are used to identify different callers. When I hear those song snippets, I know the person is thinking of me in some way. For example, when I hear Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud" I know the spouse is thinking of me. If there's a bunch of different song snippets from one group, for instance Fleetwood Mac, I know that all those ringtones come from people who are associated with one another in some way. On the rare occasions I hear instrumentals/orchestral/jazz, that indicates a non-human energy's attention on me.

Oh, and the ringtones are always indicative of the person and their intentions towards me.

What's interesting is sometimes the song will be covered by different people but I will get a particular artist and it will be clear that the ringtone is based on that artist's interpretation of the song. For instance, one person's ringtone is "River Deep, Mountain High," Harry Nilsson's or Annie Lennox's versions, not Tina Turner's or anyone else's. And someone else's was the Joan Baez version of "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down," not the Grateful Dead's.

The Hoyt Axton/Linda Ronstadt song is a ring tone from someone who wants my attention and is very, very persistent. Sometimes the ringtones morph as the situation changes but they'll always remain with the same singer. This particular person started out with Axton's "Della and the Dealer," shifted to "Evangelina" and now it's "Lion in Winter."

It's not as complicated as it sounds and it makes it easy for me to know if I want to respond to the call or not(usually not, although I might call the spouse and find out what's up when Ed starts singing over and over in my head). It also lets me know if the attention is human/non-human and that predicates how I'll handle the attention(usually I ignore it. No sense in looking for trouble, after all).

Yeah, it's weird but it works. Big Grin
Yes it is weird, but cool all at the same time. I really, really dig that D!
beautiful music, Skeet. Perhaps the title "Ecstasy of Gold" is a hint of a big move up in gold.
Has a new thread been started yet? I have a tune from this morning that popped into my thoughts after prayers. It took a while to find it because all I had was the tune. Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye. https://youtu.be/opuPjRftg8M

(06-15-2016, 01:00 PM)esholars Wrote: so now do we start a thread of the songs being put in our heads to see what advice/promise they give?
(06-15-2016, 08:42 AM)Julie Wrote: Maybe "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", has a message for you? Maybe you are going to find your gold in the desert.  Wink

Julie, I found the most-important 'gold' by simply coming to the desert, so many years ago.  To be truthful, I've found far more real gold panning in Alaska back in the early '80s.  Too cold there for my old bones, now, but it sure is beautiful there.

(06-16-2016, 07:45 AM)Julie Wrote: Has a new thread been started yet?  I have a tune from this morning that popped into my thoughts after prayers. It took a while to find it because all I had was the tune. Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye. https://youtu.be/opuPjRftg8M

(06-15-2016, 01:00 PM)esholars Wrote: so now do we start a thread of the songs being put in our heads to see what advice/promise they give?

If so, I have yet a new one i woke up to this AM, but I really wasn't that 'in-to-it' when it was on the radio 25-years ago. I had to look up the artist, to be truthful, this morning, before I could post. I don't really see how it applies (after reading the lyrics, seems to be about someone's friend suffering drug abuse).

It is called 'Wasted Time', and was by a group called 'Skid Row'.  Just another 'burning in the brain' song, I guess.