Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support group visibility
Eagle: I was able to access and read the thread in the support group section before I signed in. Once I signed in, I could no longer see the thread.

Just wanted you to know.
I just logged out and completely closed the browser window, which per my settings deletes cookies, etc.
Came to NDC again, to see what I could or couldn't see.
Thankfully, I couldn't see our private support group threads, but I could see the new private Dream side, at least one thread by Still, called "Spies" without being logged in.

Logged in and can see both sections as supposed to be.
Am posting this to help Eagle. It of course in no way is some attempted countering of DLP's experience.

(04-23-2015, 09:17 PM)DLP Wrote: Eagle: I was able to access and read the thread in the support group section before I signed in. Once I signed in, I could no longer see the thread.

Just wanted you to know.
(04-23-2015, 09:44 PM)Nanny Wrote: I just logged out and completely closed the browser window, which per my settings deletes cookies, etc.
Came to NDC again, to see what I could or couldn't see.
Thankfully, I couldn't see our private support group threads, but I could see the new private Dream side, at least one thread by Still, called "Spies" without being logged in.

Logged in and can see both sections as supposed to be.
Am posting this to help Eagle. It of course in no way is some attempted countering of DLP's experience.  

(04-23-2015, 09:17 PM)DLP Wrote: Eagle: I was able to access and read the thread in the support group section before I signed in. Once I signed in, I could no longer see the thread.

Just wanted you to know.

Actually, Nanny, you explained it better than I did. I wasn't logged in at the time and could see inside the private forum AND read the "Spies" thread. Once I logged in, I couldn't see or read anything in the private area.
I think you did a fine job because there's a difference in our experience. Once logged in I could see it, but my problem was I could also see it without logging in.

You couldn't see it after logging in.
Uh, okay, this one sounds like a difficult issue, but thank you for posting, DLP and Nanny.

The thread you are talking about is one that I moved from a previous forum. I moved it over there from a public forum, and thus, that thread must be still showing the permissions of the old public forum instead of the new one.

Please be sure that you can't see any OTHER threads in either the Help forum or the Private Dreams forum. DLP, you are welcome to join the forum at any time. Everyone is left out of the support group by default until they request to join.

But I do need verification that Still's thread is the only one you can see. Thank you!
I cant see my "spies" thread when im logged out Smile
Well, at least that works! Smile
Just logged on to my laptop, hadn't signed in yet, and didn't see anything except Eagle's offer for email alerts. Signed in, still don't see anything.

So whatever you tweaked, Eagle, it worked. Smile
Sorry it took me so long to check this, today. I had a lot of fun here earlier, shame on me. Wink

Good news! without being logged-in I saw only the offer for our email alerts when clicking both sides of the Private Forum. Then, logged in and saw both just fine.