Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Storm
04/07/2016 AM
No intent
I am standing outside watching a storm. There are no sounds; it is like I am deaf silent. The sky is pitch-black until I see flashes of lightning that change the sky to shades of gray and black. At the horizon I see the colors of fire. In the middle of the scene, during one massive flash of lightning, I see a shape lifting off the earth! It is the shape of a jigsaw puzzle piece. On the face of the piece there is a portrait of a generic American family, dressed as for Sunday Church, a father, mother and two children.
Then the “Voice” says, “The Resurrection is not the end of the story.”

the puzzle piece was similar to this and was covered with the family picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you remove the Christian connotation to the word 'resurrection', and instead look at the etymology of the word (mostly from late-latin, 'rise again' and middle english, 'resurgent'), then the image seems to make more sense. Thus, a 'conservative family image' rising as a puzzle piece and being told that 'resurrection is not the end' would tend to imply that even when 'conventional family values return, this is still not the end'.

It would appear to be a statement that morals and conventional family ideology will return, yet even that will not be the end. Definitely a hopeful dream, but in today's world, I don't see it enacted without a massive paradigm shift. We are running away from this as a desire, not to it.
Esholars, I dig this dream a lot! It's a message of truth for sure.
In fact, hope I have one like it someday.
IMO you got a hug from above with this one.
No, it isn't the end is it? I love your dream!