Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The boy
I’m walking down a sidewalk in a neighborhood. A small boy, maybe 5 or 6, is standing behind a front screen door and calls to me. He seems familiar to me from somewhere. He’s dressed like a child from my childhood, wearing overalls and a striped shirt, ala Dennis the Menace.

I go up on the front porch, and he tells me that he came home and no one was there and he’s really, really scared. Doesn’t know what to do, is fighting back the tears. He remembers me too, but is wary nonetheless. I suggest to him that I will sit on the front porch and he can stay behind the screen, and we’ll just chat until his folks get home. I tell him I’m positive they’re already on their way home. That calms him, and we settle in to wait.

Just then a car comes screeching around the corner and pulls up at the curb. It’s his folks, and they are glad that I just happened to be walking by.

That’s it. A very clear, little bit odd dream. But one that I’m grateful for after the scary entity from earlier. And it was so clear, something that’s been missing from my dreams lately. Big Grin
Yep, I wouldn't have gone in either. Something about doors in dreams make me immediately suspicious.
Now that you mention it, I’m reminded of the stories of black eyed kids, but in reverse. I could’ve just gone in to comfort him, but something kept me on the other side of that door.
Who knows where you would have ended up if you walked through the doorway.