Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The universe must love him
Big Grin 
So the spouse was scheduled to fly out for a wedding. His departure time was 0915. We live approximately 30 miles from the airport. The airline suggested he be there an hour earl, 0830. That put our travel right at the later portion of commute time, which could add anywhere from 15 minutes to a half hour to the trip. I figured it was a good idea to leave NLT 0730, just to be safe and set my alarm to wake me at 0645.

I woke at 0745. My alarm didn't go off. I took a couple seconds to register that it was now well past the time I had planned for us to leave. Spouse's side of the bed was empty so I assumed he was up and getting ready. I vaulted from the bed to check.

Silly me. The man was in the kitchen, feeding the cats, still in the t-shirt and shorts he wore to bed. I asked, with what I thought was remarkable restraint, if he had showered yet. He said no. My remarkable restraint evaporated and I shrieked at him about his lack of getting his butt in gear since we were running way behind and asking why didn't he wake me. Oh, he tells me, he just woke up himself. What? He didn't set his alarm, too?

At this point, he simply scurried into the shower. I quickly threw on some clothes, the head of steam building right up to volcanic level.

We raced out of the house at 0820. Traffic moved, which was a good thing, and I dropped him off at 0850. I told him to get his boarding pass ready because he didn't have time to hunt around for it on his phone. I also pointed out he would have to hustle to make his flight.

I didn't hear from him after that-my phone died completely-so assumed he made the flight. Either that or he missed the flight and threw himself on the airline's mercy rather than face me when he knew it wouldn't take much for me to leave him at the airport.

I got a text from him informing me that his flight was delayed 20 minutes, so no problem with being close to departure time.

I swear that the universe loves that man and made sure he would make that flight. Rolleyes
Yes, it surly does. On another thought, it seems you are still having issues, especially with anything electronic related...
I would laugh, but I swear I’ve lived that scenario before. One. Too. Many. Times. Big Grin
I can't keep a charge on my phone to save my life. I don't know if it's electronics and me or if it's simply the fact it's a 2 yo phone. Verizon keeps trying to convince me to "upgrade." Hell no, this phone is paid off, why would I want to jack my bill by $20/phone/month just to get something with more bells and whistles. I use my phone to make calls, text, and take the occasional photo. Oh, and I do my banking online, so I use that app all the time.

For the next few days, he's his sisters' problem. Big Grin
You all make me Big Grin