Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This was just freaky...2mins. ago...~
I have a landline cordless on my desk and my cellphone, with me. Hubby didn't leave his cell at home today, and usually doesn't, but this was not his cellphone ringer that was ringing...

how can this happen? LOL...I just heard a phone ring four or five times, right IN my house.....in the family room, I am confident. It was not as loud as I usually have our landline set, but no, was not our landline either.

no meds needed here...and I just had to tell someone and since I'm still sitting here...heck yeah, why not type it? I'm gonna go walk this house, anyway.
I'm serious...........(insert twilight zone music here...)
Howdy, sistah! Only my shepherd dog. Hope to not hear any moment that someone has passed but in a large, extended family it could happen.

No smart TV...won't have one of those things. Hmm...computer? Oh, I have one that's not connected to the net. It's only for security cams that go through it. Definitely was not my computer that has the speakers turned completely off. Hubby's computer is totally off right now. I'm clueless but walked the house, just to make sure of nothing I could detect that's freaky.

Good to hear from you and I hope you're starting to feel a bit better. Prayers your way.

(05-20-2015, 05:32 PM)Windy Wrote: Who just passed away Nanny?

People report getting phone calls from people who have passed away often. or it could be sound coming from any electronic with a speaker, such as a new Smart TV, your computer, lap top, etc...
I didn't kn about the people passing and phone calls. I was thinking tv or computer add
Yeah, if only something was on that could've gotten some bleedover or something...even if it was an extremely rare thing to have happen.
could it have come thru the security set up? Someone passing just as their phone rang? I get that a lot when weather is nice outside. I live on a corner in a suburb.
Windy, thank you for the links! I'm reading the second one, now. I knew of stories of such, thanks to C2C radio shows. Oh, and another show...Clyde Lewis...he's fun to listen to when cleaning the kitchen at night.

I do know the dead can visit, Lost books of Bible say each soul is given 7 days to go anywhere and see anything they wish and then they, I guess "report in." I don't doubt this at all because I find the rest of the books I've read to be totally believable, MINUS "Infancy 1 and 2."

No phonecalls came here to any of our numbers. Just the ringing sound of the phone, and I am confident it was in the room next to me, now.

good suggestion, Esholars! Our keypads to our security system don't have speakers. (nor microphones)
Even if windows were open in this house, there is only one side of the house that anyone could've been close enough to for me to hear....a cell? ringing...and that is the "neighbor from hell's" side of my house....two rooms are on that side and all of the windows closed and locked.
So, I'm still puzzled. If I can never account for it I will not be surprised if it's a supernatural little poke. Has happened before in three of our homes. It's been awhile, though.

(05-20-2015, 05:45 PM)esholars Wrote: could it have come thru the security set up? Someone passing just as their phone rang? I get that a lot when weather is nice outside. I live on a corner in a suburb.

WELL....I feel a tiny bit better...no, not that I was freaking out....just being rhetorical about it..."freaky...."

I just found one window open a bit...but this window is so high that we walk under it, undetected if quiet. Cells don't ring THAT loudly, and who was very close to it? But I feel better because I was wrong about any window being open on this side of the house, but one was. Sound can do amazing things. But yech if they were this close to that wall. Wink

That window is closed and locked now.
I'm gonna turn on a Moody Blues LP, one of them with some of their upbeat music and get a few things done around here.

I would even consider deleting this thread but y'all were quite informative, Windy's links are really good and fun, so no of course am leaving it.
Thanks, y'all.
I now return you to your regularly-scheduled broadcasting.
Sometimes someone wants to get my attention and sets off our fire alarm. They succeed. Big Grin
LOL oh no, is THAT possibly why our smoke detectors have messed with me? Idea
This music that's playing right now moves my soul and sounds awesome today...fitting my mood which isn't blue...but into happy music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9piiahsxV8U

I logged-back in for this, then saw your new post, Windy.

My very close bud in San Diego said that their house alarm system does just what ours does....it will beep the exact sound that our door-chime does. We leave it on of course because it signals us if anything that's alarmed is opened, windows or doors, when awake. She even volunteered that it does it but when it does that it isn't quite as loud as when the chime really goes off, a door or soemthing opening.

Uh-huh... Cool
Nanny - Like the Moody Blues link you post here!

Sometimes I hear my name being called. It's always very clear like the person is standing right next to me. I can almost see the veil separating us and want to reach out and yank them through to my side. When that happens I know I'll be very very busy for the next few nights.
I have, I think only heard my name loudly one time, and that was 25 or so years ago while decorating for a birthday party, putting up streamers. My name a few other times was said but it was quietly said so that I almost could doubt myself. Wow, you just about could reach out and touch the thing.

Hubby and I both have had things. I've never been touched but a spirit yanked his arm that was hanging off of the bed, and he was not in a deep sleep. Another time he was definitely awake, and in that zoned place before sleep but insisted really awake and thinking how sweet it was when he felt our siamese get up on the bed as she often has, walking up and curling up beside him.
Uh, he opened his eyes to glimpse her and nothing was there. He touched the bed in that spot and it was warm. Other things like that.

Oh! have to share...we donated a good fridge to Goodwill when we bought our bigger one. That was in the house we're in right now. First thing that got my attention was that a very well-manicured dude was in the passenger seat, and he got out to come check the item to make sure they wanted it.
He was wearing a really nice shirt and dockers...I thought strange, how always before it was guys in work clothes.

He walked into our front door, looked up at the vaulted, old hand'done woodwork and said "beautiful house, you have spirits." like that...running those together. Oh, looked back straight-ahead as he said the second part.
I played dumb as if I didn't know this and asked him how he knew. He said he had had an NDE and "since then" he could tell any building or place that had them. He then said something like, "you definitely do."
I never told him any of our stories. I think I told him that I'd love to hear his whole NDE story, but that I knew they should load the fridge and get on, to work.

PS, about the Moody Blues LP, am very glad you dig it. I was raised on C&W, Christian contemporary of that time, and typical radio top 40. I then got old enough to dig what we now call classic rock of the 70s. I really do enjoy all music except opera and rap, that I can think of. But...

a step above all of them is the Moody Blues. It's so high-quality, symphonic and yet rock/cool, and best of all most of the songs if not all of them have a lot of Light and great advice in them. These dudes have got SOUL, and even have two songs about meditation. One I think is an old song, and then there's this newer one where they speak of looking up (towards our third eye) to see the light, and other very true things. I'll hush, this is not a commercial for them.

It's that their music at times moves me, and other times it touches me to my bone marrow.
Smoke alarms go off all the time in our house. No, our fire alarm is part of our security system and is a siren so when it goes off, it goes OFF. Gets everyone moving, humans to shut off the noise and cats to escape the noise.

One time it went off, and I heard, quite plainly, "Sorry, sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to do that!" When I had a moment I dropped down to find out who it was. It was my friend's recently passed father. He was just testing out ways to get my attention if he needed to talk to me. Big Grin
DLP, I guess it worked. lol Hopefully he found a less noisy way to get your attention.
(05-20-2015, 11:25 PM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: DLP, I guess it worked. lol  Hopefully he found a less noisy way to get your attention.

Yeah, now he knows all he has to do is talk to me and I'll hear him.
Yes m'am! and what I dig most is the spice of the personalities. We couldn't all possibly *be more-unique! It's in the differences of every thing and everyone that each is defined and appreciated.

We must be the New Ghost Busters. Cool Angel
Yes! Dream Busters!
Ghost busters came to mind because we were reporting our "visitations" from another realm.
You nailed it! Wink
Dream Busters! Good one. LOL