Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tornados
In the last 5 years I have had a recurring dream. Each time I have it thedetails fill in a little more (as in the length of the dream grows). I knowthis dream vividly and every time I have it (had it again last week), I'mleft with a feeling of certainty which I don't always have from dreams. Welive in CT. Occasionally, we will get a tornado or a hurricane but its veryrarely and they often only last a few minutes and cause little damage. Inthis dream, my world is the same, same house, same family, same everything.But the key difference in my dream is that I know the world and thegeographic area I live in has changed from a climate perspective or morecorrectly is on the brink of change. I know a tornado is coming in my dream.I know the weather, a perfect sunny summer day is going to change in aninstant and I know its only the beginning. The oddity of my dream, is thatmy family is never completely together. Sometimes, I am only with one of mychildren (I have 2) or my husband is at work. In this dream, I see that thesky is changing, I can feel it and know what is going to happen before weeven get warnings on the TV or radio. I know where to go in my house (itsnever the same location and even though we don't have a basement I know itssafe). In these dreams, we always get an offer from one of our neighborshouses to go to their basement, but I always decline and beg them to come tomy basementless house. They always decline and in the end, their houses arealways destroyed. I sit in my house powerless to stop the tornado butfascinated with its approach. I can't look away. Its coming and I know itwon't be the last. In some of my dreams when its over, my children and Iwalk or run through the streets and climb a hill (there isn't one near us)only to discover that when we get to the top we can see for miles and seemany tornados ripping through the land.