Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telepathy or Precognition?
So last Friday I was in the kitchen at work, when a co-worker came in and asked his usual line, "What's up lady?" My reply to him was the usual "Nothing, what's up with you?"

Here's where it gets strange. Right after that came out of my mouth, I heard in my mind (but it was like I actually heard it) my next door neighbor at home saying his usual line "Living the dream". Next second I hear my co-worker, who doesn't EVER use this line say, "Living the dream".

I got goosebumps all over. It was like I heard it twice in rapid succession. I told my co-worker what had just happened, but even though he smiled I could tell he thought I was weird.

So, my question is this - Was it a split second of precognition on my part, telepathy from me to him or vice versa? All I know is more things like this have been happening to me recently.
That is a good question. It is possible you were just picking up on his thoughts.
It could have been either one, but telepathy does seem likely since it was knowing what another was going to say, mind-to-mind.

I've experienced knowing what was about to happen just a second or two before, many times.
I've had a person's exact few words pop into my mind a good number of times, but I think...less than precog.

When we're listening to or watching a rerun of something, and right before they quantify something, anything! the exact number pops into our minds, that's precognition of course.

I think yours was telepathy, in-the-moment from that person's mind. But, could it also be called precog?? Seems so.

It's a blast when this stuff happens, isn't it? Never gets old. And if we say, "I knew you were going to say that" we likely sound as if we're being rhetorical and cliche-like, but no, it's funny when we're being literal. (Don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure that my hubby literally doesn't believe me in the moment about most of these, but daughters know better.)
This happens with me and the co-worker who sits next to me just a few feet away. She has kinda sorta gotten used to it. After 2 years, she still says it's freaky. Rolleyes I also pick up on her moods which is not fun when she is sick or having drama in her life. If I am feeling a certain way and don't know why, all I need to do is ask her and yep, it's coming from her. I think its an empath thing.
Wow Julie, me too! I never had a word for it until more recently, but an empath for sure. And I have picked up telepathically on stuff I think because I can be so porous. Which can be dangerous for your health at worst, and just plain hard on your own emotions at best. Which is why I've been working on my shield, per DLP's handy instructions. Don't want to leave the house psychically naked!!

In this case I was surprised because I'm not close to this person at all.

Thanks Twice, Nanny and Julie for your thoughts!
(02-22-2016, 07:28 PM)Julie Wrote: This happens with me and the co-worker who sits next to me just a few feet away. She has kinda sorta gotten used to it. After 2 years, she still says it's freaky.  Rolleyes  I also pick up on her moods which is not fun when she is sick or having drama in her life.  If I am feeling a certain way and don't know why, all I need to do is ask her and yep, it's coming from her.  I think its an empath thing.

Definitely an empath thing. Big Grin

Might want to shield up a tad, see if that helps.