Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unique Abilities
Maybe someone can explain this one, or has had similar experiences.

1. Streetlights - sometimes go off when I pass under, turn back on when I clear the area. (we've talked about this one before!)
2. Cell phone coverage - usually excellent for me, even when it's not for others
3. Motion sensor garbage can at work - acts like I'm not there unless I launch into a special "interpretive dance". In this case, if it was sentient, I think it would be laughing at me
4. New "button" screen on elevators at work - like I'm not even touching the screen, kind of like the garbage can, only this device seems to work better if I swear like a sailor at the damn thing. Big Grin

Anyone else have these happen, or others you've like to share? I'm curious!
I'm wondering if your # 3 & #4 issues have to do with how sometimes we are invisible. A while back we had a conversation here about how sometimes we're not seen by people.

For me I can comment on #1 & #2.
1. Yes to street lights and also billboards.
2. My cell phone is usually okay. Just recently starting having problems with internet connection. Probably AT&T and their demonic selves. Dodgy

(05-16-2018, 12:00 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: Maybe someone can explain this one, or has had similar experiences.

1. Streetlights - sometimes go off when I pass under, turn back on when I clear the area. (we've talked about this one before!)
2. Cell phone coverage - usually excellent for me, even when it's not for others
3. Motion sensor garbage can at work - acts like I'm not there unless I launch into a special "interpretive dance". In this case, if it was sentient, I think it would be laughing at me
4. New "button" screen on elevators at work - like I'm not even touching the screen, kind of like the garbage can, only this device seems to work better if I swear like a sailor at the damn thing.  Big Grin

Anyone else have these happen, or others you've like to share? I'm curious!
I have difficulties with touch screens, as in the things don't register my touch. It isn't woo-woo, however. It's because my skin is so dry and the screens work with not just the pressure but also the moisture. If I moisten my finger tip and tap the screen, then it works.

As for lights going on/off or tech going kablooey, that's an energetic thing. A friend of mine has to be careful to not get so angry that she blows lights or fries her tech. She knows when that happens, she needs to get grounded(possible pun intended) and centered before she causes some real damage, like frying the AC or causing the whole apartment complex to lose power or internet.

Any incidents I've experienced had to do with people who have passed trying to get my attention...except for that elevator in New Orleans. That one was someone being a massive asshole and getting jollies from trying to kill people by slamming the elevator doors on them.
Ah, the moisture makes sense. I will say though that it responds to my angry energy as well! Maybe I should spit on the stupid thing...... Big Grin

(And I thought I’ve had crazy elevator stories, that one takes the cake!)
Chatted with the elevator repairman and he told me that he got called out for malfunctioning elevator doors at least once a week at that hotel. Didn't surprise me a bit.

Went to get into the elevator at one point and the doors started to slam shut. I stopped, held up a finger, and muttered, "Don't even think it." The doors stopped, then slowly slid open again. I had no problem the rest of the time I was there.

Then there was the time another elevator passenger and I physically braced each door open as an elderly man using a walker and his wife entered the elevator. The guy and I saw the doors jerk and we threw ourselves against the door edges. It was a real struggle because whatever was pushing the doors closed was very determined, but so were we. The elderly couple were completely oblivious to what we were doing. Afterwards, the guy said to me, "Interesting elevator." I replied, "I noticed." Big Grin
I once had an elevator door close on me and pin me between the doors. Not the rubber part, but the metal part on the side of the rubber. I could not move and was trapped until someone heard me call out for help. I blame the door, not anything else. I have a healthy respect for elevators now, believe me.