Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wedding reception
I am helping a family prepare for their wedding reception. The church is very small, all built of wood and painted white inside. I see no religious decorations. I am helping to arrange tables and chairs in the small seating area. The chairs are an eclectic mix with about five or six different styles and about two or three chairs of each style. I sit down as there are a lot of big women in the family practically running over each other in arranging things. They make big elaborate punch bowls with relatively slim handles out of giant water melons and hang them up. They seem to defy gravity by not breaking under their own weight. I get moved around a bit as things are being arranged. I look at the benches where the priest and the bride and groom are going to sit. They are firmly attached to the floor. I also get to see the small living quarters built into the church. It appears that the priest built this all himself. My husband is there, but always seems to be placed at a table away from me. This irritates me. I talk to one of the women in privacy and tell her that I am slightly uncomfortable with one of the men there, because he was hitting on me earlier and trying to get me in bed with him even though he knows I am married. I tell her I think he is creepy.