Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will even I remember more of my dreams, finally?!
Found the info. of Eagle1's about remembering our dreams that I need. Am starting this thread to put the link another place here at the site for any new members or anyone that needs this instruction, but also to grade myself and/or ask for even more suggestions from dreamers. I am for months now only remembering my rare, VIP dreams.

Also, dangit, I haven't flown in a dream in a very long time. I wonder if I hope for it even aloud before sleep if this can help.

Eagle1's instruction in his blog,

http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/T...ber+dreams
In the same boat with you Nanny. I only remember snippets when they do come. And I used to be a pretty prolific dreamer.

Thanks for starting this thread and finding the link. (And thanks Eagle!)
I hear ya! The last few months have denied me even snippets. This morning I awoke from what felt like a deep, good sleep of four hours, as I almost always awaken once a night, if not two. I had been dreaming, thought of the fact and gone, but some mornings I am allowed a temporary mood of whatever the dream was about. At this point, a snippet will be cool, but I have to believe this is temporary. I'm extra-fatigued many nights after working at this house to be readyf or sale.

His blog instructions sound like they indicate that willpower, the desire to remember is part of this. Sigh, yep I want to know.
Goldengirl, hey chick! LOL talking to you and my "willpower" did help. I'm quite pleasantly surprised. Nah, I can't remember any whole dream, but as you said a snippet? or something along that line.

I awoke dreaming and think it wasn't the only dream, but I awoke, and at least remembered one of Eagle1's suggestions. I didn't move a muscle and knew I had been dreaming of an experiment, LOL I live for them "within reason" cuz when our actions can answer a question, it's SO COOL! Well, it was an experiment about clothing. I remembered a glimpse of a blouse or shirt laying down, and that I was suspicious that someone had cheated/ignored scientific protocol with the experiment and was concerned.

Cool it was a dream about experimenting but with clothing?! that part sounds boring but I know it wasn't in the dream because it *was an *experiment. Big Grin
Way cool, Nanny! My snippets are cherished, as they WILL lead to more! I am real bad about getting proper hours of sleep during the week, which has got to stop. I actually got a MyPillow and on the website it talks about the pillow being able to relax you quicker, leading to more REM time. I'll be the judge of that and report back, tonight's the first experiment!
Oh heck yeah please report in about it! Like...oh I forgot to check so can ask you this. do they offer varying softness or firmness or one type that adjusts to us? I am one of those down pillow people and mine puffs up beside my ears and head, like it or not and I tolerate it. I do this for my neck, I mean use the softest.

I know, guess we're gonna just have to order a couple and experiment for ourselves.

GOOD LUCK with great sleep tonight.
They are made of some kind of interwoven foam, which seems a bit odd, as I do like down. But it supposedly holds it's shape and doesn't puff up around your head, which would be a big plus. And it supposedly stays cool.

I don't think it keeps cats off, however, so there's that! Hahahahaha. I have a cat I like to call my Therapeutic Cat Hat. Has a vibrating option. Nuff said!
LOL on the cat. They are precious little critters.
I have news to report - I am officially IN LOVE with my new MyPillow. Doesn't squish up around your head like giant earmuffs, and does feel kinda like a down pillow without the feathers. Amazing!

And I have a dream to report. Heh, heh, heh...........
What?! it does not puff-up but please tell my sensitive-self that it's really, REALLY as dreamy-soft as down. OMgosh, to buy them before we move, or after?! (Oh, should we ask Eagle1 if our pillow discussion is too much like a commercial? we can easily delete our posts about the pillow because they aren't paying him for it, ya know?)

Me too! but only another snippet, dagnabbit I remembered a bit more of the dream, by memory-visual and theme too but after having my tea and talking to hubby I have even less again.

I dreamed of folks dressed-alike and they were in various denominations, all christian in basis. They were nice, friendly etc, but their differences were showing. Possibly day-residue from another thread's wonderful discussion. not sure...but what matters on this thread is that I remembered a portion of a dream, then forgot part of what I had. argh, but progress yeah.

Oh! and I was so tired upon crashing that I didn't think of the boss's formula, so it was just willpower again. I think talking about it here with you has helped, too.
At one point I had collected a number of insights from various posts on how to encourage dreams. Maybe this will help!

http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/T...am-with-me
Yes, thanks! I'm becoming a believer that it is going to help. Heck, the talking about it with you sure did the first night, snippet only as it was I'm thankful.
Third night in a row that I had part of a dream that I remembered. Funny, it's been consecutively remembering a bit more of the dream. Dang, I dunno about you or others here, but I do not awaken. I "resurrect" each morning. This time I dreamed of pals from high school. I for even three? mins. upon awakening remembered what we were doing in the dream. Made my tea, and thought of an old pal in the thing and I have no clue what happened even in part of the dream, now. Sad
Ah, that's why Eagle says it's so important to stay in the same position that you woke up in, mull it over a bit, and then commit pen to paper (or voice to recorder) so that you have a record. I have had some success at creating a Cliff Notes kind of summary, and then using my drive into work as time to revisit and see if an interpretation presents itself. But the times I haven't done much to honor and record, not a whole lot remains unfortunately!
That's right! but me and my sleepy bladder were in a rush. Big Grin

Hey, three-in-a-row of remembering even snippets is cool.
I wonder, what happens to the messages we get in our dreams when we don't remember? Do we still process the dream info on a subconscious level?
Howdy, Twiceblessed! Dang, it's good to hear from you.
Very good question. Yeah! are they wasted or do they affect us as you ask? Oh wait, if they're bummers then are we spared them?? But still, if they're prophetic yeah are they of any benefit at all?

Maybe we'll hear from Eagle1 on this sometime, even if a month from now with life slamming and stressing him as it sounds like.
Excellent question Twice! I think if we don't remember, on some level they keep percolating, keep re-presenting themselves in different disguises in different dreams, until we do sit up and listen. Who knows when you have a STRONG dream how long your subconscious has been pounding away, churning out messages trying to be heard? I think it says to itself, "I got all the time in the world baby, see y'all tomorrow night!"
Goldengirl, I felt, no I knew that I dreamed "richly" last night, but as my alarm went off, nope didn't know what it was about, not even a snippet.
This happened last night before too, I think.

So, I was a tad amused as I recalled that I remembered something, even though small about dreams three nights in a row (forget the dang hyphens there) when I chatted with you about it on this thread here. Good grief, the power of the mind, ya know?!

Cool about you having a daytime dream that you remember.
(01-21-2016, 01:36 PM)Nanny Wrote: Goldengirl, I felt, no I knew that I dreamed "richly" last night, but as my alarm went off, nope didn't know what it was about, not even a snippet.
This happened last night before too, I think.

So, I was a tad amused as I recalled that I remembered something, even though small about dreams three nights in a row (forget the dang hyphens there) when I chatted with you about it on this thread here. Good grief, the power of the mind, ya know?!

Cool about you having a daytime dream that you remember.

My biggest "fatal flaw" is not going to bed early enough to get a good night's sleep. I have the best of intentions, and then stay awake too late, fall asleep in front of the TV, or in bed with a book propped up and all the lights on like I'm on the operating table. (Eagle is waggling his finger and saying I told you so, to dream more get proper rest!!) So tonight I am going to heed the call of my weary soul and go to bed at a reasonable hour. And keep it up!