Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like to post more but fear contamination
Bug 
Hi, would anyone know how to keep reading the news and about dreams without such audio/visuals/text contaminating my dreams? 
I don't take pleasure in dreaming about things from last night or prior days, it's annoying. I would like my dreams to be as "original" as they can be without any external influence like news/websites influencing them. 

But besides staying away from everything and everyone...how else can we have "original" dreams free of external contamination?
Huh
I have a couple more suggestions.

First, get on a serious emotional regulation/management plan. Day residue is largely emotional, particularly those emotions that we really didn't get a chance to digest or acknowledge, aka the repressed or suppressed emotions. This is a very important point because people can get really good at repressing their emotions and they think they are emotionally superior or just emotionally 'clean.' nothing is further from the truth. Repressing (the unconcious decision to push an emotions down) and/or suppressing (the conscious decision to repress an emotion) will only guarantee more day residue in dream time. We need to do the opposite. We need to FEEL deeply everything that comes our way. That doesn't mean we have to cry if we feel sad. It just means that we take a second to stop what we're doing and inwardly acknowledge...."hey, I'm really sad," or "hey, I think I feel a little sad." You can do a whole lot more with those emotions, but if you are wholly present with 100% of each emotion that rises up each day (and there will be many of them), then you will extinguish a good portion of day residue.

Next, be sure to journal your dreams. Acknowledging daily dreams and honoring them by documenting them will do two things: 1) the subconscious will realize that you do care and thus will tend to reduce the repeated or repetitive day residue (if there is any), and 2) will give you tremendous power over your dream life. Once you honor your dreams and show them that you really care, then you'll be a power house in the dream incubation protocol. That is, tell your dreams that you want new and fresh material, or that you would like to dream about next week, or next month, or a specific location like, "I want to dream about the biggest headline in Miami, FL during the next 3 months." No matter what you get, you need to honor it and still document that dream. This is how you get more and more reliable dream content that you really want. It takes effort, though, but definitely worth it.
Wonderful! You put it into words :-)) Thank you!!
As you said we have to align every component of us as an entity and then in this state proceed to thought-consciousness. Its all about the power of thought-consciousness in every state (wake/dream).
(07-29-2015, 03:18 PM)Windy Wrote: When I need to detach from external contamination i do one of two thing.

1. I do nothing but work, no cell phones, no emails, just put my nose down into my work, work the numbers and then get up make a bite to eat, no TV and go to bed.

2. I go camping, no electronics (Maybe a fishing pole)

I have never camped before. Maybe it is time that I set up a camping weekend and leave all electronics behind and just take journals to see what happens to my dreams.

(07-29-2015, 10:12 PM)Eagle1 Wrote: I have a couple more suggestions.

First, get on a serious emotional regulation/management plan. Day residue is largely emotional, particularly those emotions that we really didn't get a chance to digest or acknowledge, aka the repressed or suppressed emotions. This is a very important point because people can get really good at repressing their emotions and they think they are emotionally superior or just emotionally 'clean.' nothing is further from the truth. Repressing (the unconcious decision to push an emotions down)  and/or suppressing (the conscious decision to repress an emotion) will only guarantee more day residue in dream time. We need to do the opposite. We need to FEEL deeply everything that comes our way. That doesn't mean we have to cry if we feel sad. It just means that we take a second to stop what we're doing and inwardly acknowledge...."hey, I'm really sad," or "hey, I think I feel a little sad." You can do a whole lot more with those emotions, but if you are wholly present with 100% of each emotion that rises up each day (and there will be many of them), then you will extinguish a good portion of day residue.

Next, be sure to journal your dreams. Acknowledging daily dreams and honoring them by documenting them will do two things: 1) the subconscious will realize that you do care and thus will tend to reduce the repeated or repetitive day residue (if there is any), and 2) will give you tremendous power over your dream life. Once you honor your dreams and show them that you really care, then you'll be a power house in the dream incubation protocol. That is, tell your dreams that you want new and fresh material, or that you would like to dream about next week, or next month, or a specific location like, "I want to dream about the biggest headline in Miami, FL during the next 3 months." No matter what you get, you need to honor it and still document that dream. This is how you get more and more reliable dream content that you really want. It takes effort, though, but definitely worth it.

Well-written/ it is obvious you know your stuff. 

It is a bit hard to express emotions since I did not grow up being emotional, but I will see what I can do to release anger because most of us suppress anger since we don't want to be seen as aggressive. But yes, I definitely need to express emotions more. I wonder what that will do to my dreams....
D4:

Please note that expressing emotion, reacting to emotion, and simply being aware of emotion are three different things. Some might view the first two as the same thing....reacting to emotion, and that view is perfectly acceptable. We do need to at least see two different things....the emotional energy itself and the reaction to that energy. Being aware of the emotion is vital because it can give you OPTIONS on how to handle that energy. Most of us react subconsciously because we are not aware of the emotion to begin with. For example, when's the last time any of us said calmly after someone does something terrible to us: "I am so angry." If you can say that calmly in the face of sheer anger, then you are doing what I described above perfectly. In order to say or think "I am angry" (instead of just hitting the other person or repressing the anger), means that you are fully aware that your body is welled up in anger. It sounds much easier than it really is, particularly if you are at a level 10 anger (on a 10-level scale).

So, if you can be aware of that emotion, so quickly to be able to calmly state or think that you are angry, then you have given yourself options. The first option is to just feel the energy. Feel the rise, the tension, the muscle contraction, etc. WITHOUT trying to control it. Just sit there and feel it completely. That is how you reduce day residue.

But then you can do other things with that energy. I wrote about this in my book. You can take that energy, and first feel it. Then you learn what it has to teach you (about yourself and/or your environment), and then you can organize the energy and finally you can apply that organized energy into the creative process. That last half is very very advanced.