National Dream Center
Death and dying conference - Printable Version

+- National Dream Center (https://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18)
+-- Forum: NDC's Core Content (https://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Public Dreams (https://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Death and dying conference (/showthread.php?tid=20771)

Death and dying conference - ThePaladin - 06-30-2017

29 June 2017

I'm at a death and dying conference which is taking place in a large conference room with huge picture windows on parallel walls. There is a wooded area outside the conference room. Inside, the room is filled with chairs and each chair is occupied. I'm near the back, seated near the aisle. There's a woman speaking about her opinion on near death experiences-she thought they were nothing more than fantasies of oxygen deprived minds-but I'm not really paying attention to her. I'm busy watching what's going on outside the conference room. Several military trucks have pulled up to the place and armed people dressed all in black, like SWAT teams, have disembarked from the back. They are skulking through the woods, taking up positions around the conference room.

My attention is brought back to the speaker, when she shoves a microphone into my face and asks me a question pertaining to her talk. I reply that I was unaware that we would be publicly quizzed on her talk. She smirks at me as she tells me it's okay if I don't want to participate. Oh, I tell her, I'll participate if she doesn't mind me speaking honestly. She looks around and I can almost feel her rolling her eyes to the rest of the audience. She tells me of course I can speak honestly so I tell her that her premise is crap, that she completely dismissed all the research on NDEs and did she actually do any research or just form an opinion and treat it as if it were a researched fact. She smiles like she's talking to an idiot and comments that oh, did I think I knew more than she did about NDEs? I shrug and say all I know is I've had at least three NDEs and I've known several people who have also had multiple NDEs, so it seems I've had way more experience than she has. Before she can say anything else I add that the real question I have, however, is why there are armed people taking up position around the conference center. All heads in the room snap around to look out the windows to see the many gun barrels pointed in our direction.

At that point, I woke.

RE: Death and dying conference - twiceblessed9 - 06-30-2017

I love your last 2 sentences!

(06-30-2017, 01:36 AM)ThePaladin Wrote: 29 June 2017

I'm at a death and dying conference which is taking place in a large conference room with huge picture windows on parallel walls. There is a wooded area outside the conference room. Inside, the room is filled with chairs and each chair is occupied. I'm near the back, seated near the aisle. There's a woman speaking about her opinion on near death experiences-she thought they were nothing more than fantasies of oxygen deprived minds-but I'm not really paying attention to her. I'm busy watching what's going on outside the conference room. Several military trucks have pulled up to the place and armed people dressed all in black, like SWAT teams, have disembarked from the back. They are skulking through the woods, taking up positions around the conference room.

My attention is brought back to the speaker, when she shoves a microphone into my face and asks me a question pertaining to her talk. I reply that I was unaware that we would be publicly quizzed on her talk. She smirks at me as she tells me it's okay if I don't want to participate. Oh, I tell her, I'll participate if she doesn't mind me speaking honestly. She looks around and I can almost feel her rolling her eyes to the rest of the audience. She tells me of course I can speak honestly so I tell her that her premise is crap, that she completely dismissed all the research on NDEs and did she actually do any research or just form an opinion and treat it as if it were a researched fact. She smiles like she's talking to an idiot and comments that oh, did I think I knew more than she did about NDEs? I shrug and say all I know is I've had at least three NDEs and I've known several people who have also had multiple NDEs, so it seems I've had way more experience than she has. Before she can say anything else I add that the real question I have, however, is why there are armed people taking up position around the conference center. All heads in the room snap around to look out the windows to see the many gun barrels pointed in our direction.

At that point, I woke.