Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China's new game
http://anonhq.com/china-just-launched-th...mandatory/

I was reading the planning outline and couldn't make it past the first few paragraphs before completely horrified. Even Orwell couldn't imagine this nightmare of an idea.
Need to add this article that explains that the anonymous article isn't quite correct by linking the two economic agencies with the government. They have their own scores for their own purposes. However, the idea of "gamifying" socially correct behavior seems to be in the works by the Chinese government:

https://www.techinasia.com/china-citizen...-orwellian

Perhaps it isn't Orwellian now but we'll see how it goes in 2020, when the program becomes mandatory.

And I'm cynical enough to wonder if we're not looking at such a thing in this country at some point in our not-too-far-distant future.
It's the Overton Window. They're just getting our feet wet so to speak, testing the waters. Here's the full-blown idea, but wait! We didn't mean that, it's not as bad as you think...and then little, by little, the "window" moves into more unacceptable control.
(03-18-2016, 07:42 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: It's the Overton Window. They're just getting our feet wet so to speak, testing the waters. Here's the full-blown idea, but wait! We didn't mean that, it's not as bad as you think...and then little, by little, the "window" moves into more unacceptable control.

In truth, we've been playing catch-up with China's Communists for decades. We now have a number of social-engineering tools in wide-open-exhibition and don't even see them for what they are. Facebook is a great example, it is the ultimate social-engineering tool designed to allow peer-pressure force the users (often under-30) to 'tow-the-peer-party-line' or else risk ostracism by their friends, classmates, relatives and remote peers. The higher your 'likes' implies that the more you tow the party line. This isn't an accident, it is by absolute planning and control. We, as Westerners often ignore the forest for sake of the trees. We are much, much further along the line of 'join or be singled-out' for uniqueness, than we often admit to or realize. The event in China isn't 'a horizon event', it's merely Chinese Facebook applied to their society. When you really see it like it is, then you realize, they are modeling a new Communist tool based on an existing Western technology. We aren't seeing the future in this, we are simply giving them a blueprint on how to build a great 'social engineering tool' that they merely need to mildly remodel to fit their specific application.

This is the real 'fear' that I see in this.
I read an article yesterday that soon there would be more dead people with Facebook accounts than live folks. I'll have to find it again and link it here. It was quite interesting.
Now couple this skulduggery (going on for decades over there) with this
new development and what is to stop their outreach?
Quantum communications that are unhackable for the moment.

http://en.people.cn/n3/2016/0308/c98649-9027010.html