Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5/1/15 Red Alert: Necklace and Mining + Vampire Barry
Yes, if we could put our daily snapshots in the graphical form and have the ability to roll time forwards or backwards to see how the shapes and relationships change over time that would be super exciting. it need not be a super slick animation at all, but a frame by frame forward in time or reverse would be great, like the original cartoon-stick-people flip books. This could trigger all our participant analyzers' intuition just by watching the movement of the patterns. A key thing would be to instead of solely a dot on the graph for each entry, have the word so it appears like a word cloud when it's near other words, and if we could somehow see connection lines between word groups that could get very intriguing. The more connections between a few groups, the more related. It would allow us to triangulate previously only-guessed at connections. The connections between are just as important as the words and word groups. Another analogy would be like watching the weather models and satellite pictures of the clouds and infrared maps to get a feel for how the weather is likely to move over one's area. I watch those sorts of animated maps all the time and have a better expectation of weather that about to impact my area. This new idea for Dream bot should improve our hits and understanding alot!

(05-05-2015, 04:53 PM)Eagle1 Wrote: Oh Shadewolf....what a phenomenal idea. In fact, that might be the ticket to getting to the new level of operations here. I'm trying to conceptualize how I would build this, but I see it as attainable in the same software package that I house the data. The hard part here is that most linguistics software packages build the scatterplot while reading the text. But ours is set up differently because we would be constantly comparing the trends from day to day. I would think that surge scores might be a vital component here because so what if the word made it on our list again if we don't know the magnitude or relational context. Anyway, great idea, and I do think this would make a substantial upgrade. I just need to design it and build it. I think it would be worth the time!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5/1/15 Red Alert: Necklace and Mining + Vampire Barry - by Shadewolf - 05-05-2015, 05:34 PM