Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race at University of Northern Iowa
This is dream 1 of 2 that I recall from 6/1/2015.  I had a 3rd one before this, but that ones lost to me at this point, I guess it wasn't significant in any way.  My intention was to have dreams about things that would affect me in the near future.  In this particular case, I don't remember anything specifically waking me up so I'd remember my dream.

In the dream, I am going to be running in a race, I believe a 5k.  I am apparently warming up; the sun is not risen yet.  I am running out from the race site, which is Northern Iowa university.  I have a map so I'm familiar enough with the area.  I run from the starting area and I'm out in a field, I've crossed over a small creek that had wooden bridges.  The field is soaked over; I now realize that it is getting close to the start time of the race, and I need to get back.  I'm trying to run through the field, but it is extremely muddy and make for very slow going.  I finally get to a wooden bridge that I run over; it has an arch on it and is difficult to run up.  Upon the other side I now am trying to get back to the starting place of the race; for the record, on any out-and-back I never get lost, I have a near perfect sense of direction.  I come up and see a line of childrent that are riding on small bikes as if in a race.  I for some reason think this is an early event and follow them back - to the wrong place.  It is a stadium, and there is some sort of event going on, but its not the race that I'd signed up for.  I recall the map of the university, and go to the direction where I now remember is the actual location where the race starts.  As I'm getting close, I see that the other racers have just started, I'm late.  I go in to the registration area, for some reason I still had not picked up my timing chip.  I am forced to wait, as there are several other people that are still being helped.

I looked up the map of University of Northern Iowa.  It looked similar to the map I visualized, but from my perspective it was upside down; the race start area in my dream was "north" of the track and field area, but the reality is it was to the south.  It was like I would have had the map upside down.  The map would indicate I ran a long way in my warmup.

In terms of residuals, I am signed up for a 10k race this coming weekend, which to be honest I haven't exactly prepped for due to spending too much time with work.  But that doesn't explain where University of Northern Iowa came from.

Messages In This Thread
Race at University of Northern Iowa - by MTB_forums - 06-01-2015, 11:51 PM