Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawyers?
06/02/2015   am
No Intent                   
Mood: restless

*I know this is day residue but, it must have some reason for appearing to me. Since the “Great Out There!” knows I post on this forum I see this as a message for all of us.

I am standing in a lawyer’s office watching 2 men discuss just how far another person would go to achieve a wanted goal. Both men are “high stakes” attorneys. They are the best at what they do. Other people respect them or despise them and many fear them.

Man A: “Normal, ordinary people are constantly deciding what they do every single day.  Some really do think about the possible consequences of their actions before they do things. Some go about their days doing ordinary civilized things without having to knowingly make decisions of right from wrong because they have trained themselves to always do honorable things as a habit. Some knowingly choose to ignore the lessons they have learned as a child and some were never taught.”

Man B: “We go in front of the Judge everyday and we argue for those that have crossed the line. We will do almost anything to save our client but, there are some I really don’t want to save! “

Man A: “We have no choice in which ones we represent, the Judge assigns us each case as he wants. It is our duty to give the best defense we can and that is the dilemma we face. We have to know every single detail of our client’s life; we need to get every detail because we both know that the opposition will have all that information. We have to do the best we can to find a real and true reason for the actions of the client even though the reasons don’t really matter. The Judge is very harsh with those that did wrong just because it seemed like a “good idea”. He can be mean as hell toward those that did things out of malice. He will only be swayed by our findings if we can prove ignorance or we prove innocence. He is a tough old bird! He only allows a guilty or innocent verdict and there are no plea bargains allowed “ 

Man B:  “That is our question, how do we show that our client made an ethical or right choice in the bad decisions he has made and how far do we go in proving it? How do we save a lost soul?”

Man A:  “How do we do that without crossing our ethical lines and breaking the law?”

Then I heard a voice saying “Are you ethical? Do you know the laws? Do the people you speak with know these things? Do you care?
*I woke up. Now I wonder what does ethical mean.

Ethical:
ADJECTIVE
  1. of or relating to moral principles
Moral:
ADJECTIVE
concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character

1. metaphors* Can you guess? Want a hint?

Messages In This Thread
Lawyers? - by Edna - 06-02-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: Lawyers? - by esholars - 06-03-2015, 11:15 AM
RE: Lawyers? - by esholars - 06-03-2015, 11:20 AM
RE: Lawyers? - by esholars - 07-16-2015, 12:37 AM
RE: Lawyers? - by belisoful - 07-16-2015, 02:00 AM
RE: Lawyers? - by Rene1111 - 07-16-2015, 04:32 PM