Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampires on the move
12 Aug 2015

No intention set

I am somewhere there are rolling hills, some trees, there's green at the beginning but by the end the landscape is brown, like dried out grasses late in the summer. There's a town/small city next to a freeway. Mountains in the distance. I know I'm in the US but not where, an anonymous town in an anonymous state. When the dream begins, I'm on the move, on the run, trying to avoid pursuit. Somehow I know my pursuers are vampires and they want to make me one of them for some reason. I stop in this anonymous town to get gas and some sleep. I find a small motel, not a chain, and get a room.

When I wake, I'm surrounded by people and I know not only was I found, I was taken. I'm now a vampire, too. This does not make me happy but the vampires are pleased with their success. For some reason, they considered me a prize. Now they consider me part of their "team". I'm given a list of people they want me to "take", that is turn into vampires, too. I know they still don't trust me, which is confirmed when a couple other vampires are assigned to accompany me on this mission. I have no idea how I will manage to avoid this loyalty test without raising suspicion or causing harm to others.

There was a bit of day residue relating to something I read right before going to bed in that characters from that story showed up in my dream but as vampires(which they were not in what I read). These vamps weren't part of the ones who took me and they help me escape from my handlers. Once again, I'm on the run from vampires but this time vamps are helping me. The first group catch up with me when I'm in a crowd of people and they come after me, not caring that there are humans around. I know they will kill the humans to get to me-one vamp makes a big show out of biting an unsuspecting human-but I also know I cannot allow them to get to me again. Somehow I know there's something I either can do or will do that makes me unusual and necessary to remain free to operate on my own. Yet my continued freedom-such as it is-means innocent humans will be taken or die. No matter what I choose, people will be harmed.

Suddenly I'm sitting at a table with an older couple-man and woman, both heavyset, both gray, both dressed in polyester casual clothes and sensible walking shoes-in a Denny's. The place is busy, the servers are kept hopping, yet sitting at the table is like being in the eye of the storm. Everything swirls around this one circle of calm. The older couple are eating breakfast-Grand Slams, from the looks of their plates-but all I have is a glass of water. They talk to me for a long time but I don't remember what they said. All I know is being with them felt peaceful and it was the first time in a long time that I felt safe. They also did something to me, healed me somehow, and I was no longer a vamp. I looked at them and they had the marks on their necks. I'm stunned when I realize they took my marks on themselves, became vamps themselves because of me. They see my expression and smile at me. The woman pats my hand and tells me not to worry about things, that they knew what they were doing. I protest that now they're vamps. The man chuckles and says that just because they have the marks doesn't make them vamps in the same way a mosquito bite wouldn't make them mosquitoes. They finish their meals, pay their check, and prepare to leave. They both hug me and tell me everything will be all right, that the vamps can't hurt me again. They leave the Denny's. The last I see of them is they get in a tan sedan and pull out of the parking lot.

Just as suddenly, I'm back in the other scene, surrounded by vamps holding humans hostage. The leader asks me what I'm going to do. He's very smug, thinking he's got me cornered, that I'll go along with them in some attempt to keep people safe. But he's wrong. I turn, step behind a tree, and I'm gone, leaving the vamps in an uproar. They know they somehow lost me, that I was no longer taken.

Saved in a very deus ex machina way, really. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Vampires on the move - by ThePaladin - 08-12-2015, 12:28 PM
RE: Vampires on the move - by *AD - 08-12-2015, 12:46 PM
RE: Vampires on the move - by ThePaladin - 08-12-2015, 12:55 PM