Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another post-apocalyptic dream
20 June 2016
No intention set

Something has happened, I get a feeling something nuclear. People are on the move. I was with the spouse but somehow we got separated. There's no time to look for him. Have to keep moving to stay ahead of the coming radiation cloud(In the dream, it jumped to an aerial view to show a sparkling, glittering cloud slowly moving from west to east). Have to get to a secure location that has some protection. All I have is what I'm carrying on my back in my pack but I know it will be enough.

Then I'm with a group of people hunkering down in a building. Don't know how I got in with this bunch but here I am and it feels like this is where I'm supposed to be. The older people get the severity of the situation but the younger people are convinced this is temporary and soon everything will go back to normal. I listen to the discussion, not saying anything until a young couple with a baby insist they must bring along a crapload of stuff, like they're going on vacation, and they expect everyone else to carry all the crap while they deal with the baby. No, I tell them, I have my own supplies to carry. Bring only what you can fit into a shopping cart. They refuse and their buds stand with them. Fine, I say as I shoulder my pack, do what you want but you'll do it without me. Several other people join me. As we leave, one of the men mutters to me that the idiots are still checking their phones for texts and updates on their social media pages. He wonders what will happen when the phone batteries die and the idiots realize there are no more phones. I don't say anything.

We're in a large building, like some sort of city/county/federal building. We're spread out over several rooms. I would prefer everyone remain in the same room for safety reasons but the others wanted space. There's no electricity but the plumbing still works so we at least have the bathrooms. Other groups of people are also in the building. Each group has staked out their turf throughout the building. One group tried to claim the bathrooms and charge tribute for the use but that was dealt with quickly and violently. I keep mostly to myself but I did manage to get my group situated in a sub-basement. We're underground, surrounded by thick walls with a few windows high up above on the walls that several of us have sealed off with whatever we could find. It's stuffy but cooler than upstairs and at least we have more protection from the radiation and possible roving marauders than those upstairs. When I led the way to the sub-basement, there was some balking but the guy from before understood what I was doing and explained to the others. At least we had water and a toilet and we would hear anyone coming long before they found a way into the sub-basement. There are other groups present but still not many. The phones have died and the younger people are like zombies without their tech drugs. On the upside, they're not arguing with others all the time now.

There's a man, big like he's grossly obese but I know he's not fat, sporting a thick white beard. Somehow I know he's not human, that he's from the stars, and that he knows I know the truth of him, although neither of us speak of this. He just shows up one day and I know he's there to do something to up our chances of survival. I trust him implicitly and ask what he needs me to do. He has me gather my group, which I do, and he tells them he's here to help them make it through to another place where they'll be safe and not lacking. He has the big guy who shambles around looking innocuous but I know it's an act, he has that guy anchor the east position. The star being anchors the south. He selects two others to anchor west and north, finishing the medicine wheel. I move into the center of the wheel and sit down, saying I'll anchor the above and below because I know this will take a lot of energy and I'm the only one capable of holding that level of energy. The star being smiles at me and says, Of course, little shaman. Between the three of us-he nods at the east guy-we shall, as you say, get the job done. What about the others? I ask. They shall join you in the center, he says. Somehow I know it will be my responsibility to hold on to the group and to make sure they all make it without losing anyone. Man, I say, you sure have a lot of faith in me. No, he says, I have trust in you, more trust than you have in yourself.

Notes:

Even though I didn't know the big guy who anchored the east, I got a strong vibe it was Skeeter.

I didn't do a lot of talking in this dream. Mostly I watched and moved and people moved with me.

There was a vibe that I would be fine and anyone with me would be fine as well.

Having a star being involved didn't surprise me in the dream.

Messages In This Thread
Another post-apocalyptic dream - by ThePaladin - 06-21-2016, 01:39 AM
RE: Another post-apocalyptic dream - by big dog - 06-21-2016, 12:51 PM
RE: Another post-apocalyptic dream - by big dog - 06-21-2016, 07:12 PM