Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Redneck eyes & ears only
I came across this song from I think the 1980's. I laughed so hard I cried.  You have to be a redneck or know some to understand.

https://youtu.be/a0fzeVbicd4
oh my gosh. the 80's.

I remember that.
gotta be or know some southern to get this. I love this line "mind your own biscuit".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E598KjYyBJI
ive heard that a zillion times "you gotcher own row to hoe!" **say it in yer best drawl to be authentic**
I just listed to "Biscuits". LOVE IT and will post to my FB page. Love sharing songs.
They did not!!!! LOL....Moe Bandy can really perform GOOD country...OMGosh, had no idea Moe bandy did anything like this. Both of them used to play regularly in our San Antone clubs....especially at the Golden Stallion, huuge club. LOL...embarassed for them both, but Moe especially.

This is the the Moe Bandy that I enjoyed in the mid-to-late 70s. Ahh....memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNFUQIHsQOQ
Today I listened to some of their other country songs I hadn't heard in years. They are what I call "true country". I spent a lot of time in W. Texas in the 60's & 70's and remember how much I loved all the country music there. YeeeHaaa!
Alright! am diggin that you lived among us. *(grin)
Have you heard a song called "Rebel Texas" by the true Texas band "Texas Rebellion?" It's really new and very applicable to the state of the nation right now. It's posted here twice. I don't want to spam this place so I can forward you the link if you haven't heard it.
I'm listening to it now and posting to my FB page. Yep, it is such a 'true to my heart' song. I would rather die with a few thousand brave souls than live in slavery. I am going to Heaven anyway I'm not concerned about what happens to me here.

I can understand a bit about why people defended the Alamo. When I lived in SA I went to the Alamo a few times. I could still feel a little of energy there. Their bravery brings tears to my eyes.
Yes, sistah yes! I, too felt the somber reverence, the energy of the place even before I was a meditator or mature enough soul to realize what I was doing/discerning.

My family doc. had his office around the corner from the Alamo and I got to see it so many times, but not walk it then.

WOOHOO you heard that song! REAL Texas, and they mean their words to their bone marrow.

Did you mean you posted the song to your FB? or that you were posting there as you listened to it? (this is not a test, just curious. Am glad you dug it, my fellow-Texan. Smile"
(05-22-2015, 01:42 PM)Nanny Wrote: Yes, sistah yes! I, too felt the somber reverence, the energy of the place even before I was a meditator or mature enough soul to realize what I was doing/discerning.

My family doc. had his office around the corner from the Alamo and I got to see it so many times, but not walk it then.

WOOHOO you heard that song! REAL Texas, and they mean their words to their bone marrow.

Did you mean you posted the song to your FB? or that you were posting there as you listened to it? (this is not a test, just curious. Am glad you dug it, my fellow-Texan. Smile"

Yes, I found the song on You Tube and I posted it to my Face Book page. My co-workers wonder why I don't friend them on my FB. I tell them I don't like having so may posts. Wink

For the last couple of years I have felt a "calm before the storm" feeling about the general public. I feel many more people are preparing than what we can see. For example, a few years ago I tried talking to my brother and his family about current events. I have a nephew with a family and he acted like I was being paranoid. Well, now he doesn't say anything much, but he made a comment a few months ago that made me think that each member of his family now has basic survival gear. Hummmmm guess he's feeling it now!
Since at least 2013, so many folks have been living on the emotional edge that it's been palpable when in a group, walking a mall or sitting in Starbucks, for example. Then easily heard without discernment on talk radio, neighborhood yard talk, office talk etc.

I even was inner-led to work Twitter for a couple of years specifically to reply to anyone that was obviously about to go-postal. Oh man, are they there! folks that sound as fine as us here, and then same tweeter will say things that are even "borderline-bring-a-knock-at-the door." That's when I did my best to always reply, saying as many calming and reassuring things as I could without sounding candy-*** or something. Then, I would always post a a link to this,

Editing a link to the exercise that's totally free to use by just clicking "Download the exercise." this is NOT a real download, not IMO. It comes right up to be listened to, using it free, on demand anytime.
http://www.patriotoutreach.org/be-still-download.html

Can't know how many folks tried it, may still use it or laughed and wouldn't touch it, etc. This is not our responsibility. I had to grow up and learn this. Just plant the seeds when feeling led to, and go about our days.

I know what you mean about sharing and it falling on deaf ears. We're supposed to toil and live as if we have fifty or more years, all the while being awake and aware enough to read the storm clouds on the horizon, and the ones that are now right over our heads.

I feel the most for the ones that don't have a clue and feel that right now it's "life as usual." When the SHTF I would think they are the ones that are most-likely to become suicidal, etc.
Years ago someone told me, when things start falling apart make sure you have a "safe zone". A place where you can go to recharge because you are going to be super busy when the change happens. They said exactly what you just said, people who don't have a clue will fall apart. I pray for us to be ready.
Oh shoot! I didn't know that the link I posted offers it for-sale if you scroll far enough. That is against the rules here, so am gonna go get the link to it where it's simply clickable, for free use anytime, always. Sorry, elder

I fixed it with a new link.

That's nice to hear they said same thing. I can't imagine being one of the folks that have no clue and then have to face the shock of what's ahead. It'll come in waves, I bet.
Ok. I will check out the new link.

Yes, I do think you are correct about it coming in waves. The first wave has already started with the second not far behind. I used to get irritated at myself for "knowing" about things & not being able to see the entire picture. Like knowing about the waves, yet I can't tell you just what that Wave is. Sometimes I think it has to be that way so one person won't have all the answers. Like everyone has a piece of the puzzle so we need to rely on each other to see the big picture. People can do amazing things when they have a common goal.