Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Birmingham (Alabama)
I preface this dream with the fact I am agnostic, and normally do not seek 'religion' as a solution to what I see in dreams. That said, this was one of the 'rare' dreams I have, in which my dream did turn 'theological' partially.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I am in a Jeep-type vehicle, on the passenger side. It is like the 70's model 'Renegades' (wide tires, top and doors are off). I am in the passenger seat, and I am riding with the driver who is going at a relatively fast clip along the dirt road we are on. It is muddy, several times we drive across small streams where the water threatens to get high enough to enter into the floorpan of the Jeep.

We are headed East, and I 'feel' that we are in mid-latitude Alabama, slightly south of Birmingham. It does NOT look like that region looks currently. It looks primordial, swampy, almost like the Everglades. I look over at the driver, and it is a light-brown-haired driver with short beard, tan shirt, jeans and bare feet. I perceive this 'person' to be the one most would know as 'god' or the Christian 'Jesus'. Looking past him, I see the far skyline through the trees, there are tall buildings 20-30 miles away.

The driver says calmly to me, 'that was once the city of Birmingham, but is no more but a dwelling for the creeping thing'.

We drive over a stream, and I say 'look at all the fish, can we stop and fish for a while?' He seems rather incredulous that I would ask to fish, while he is driving, well, like a 'bat-out-of-hell' through the swamp Eastward to apparently explain something. I'm told 'no', flatly. I reply, 'ok, later maybe?'

He says, 'this is what comes when it begins, and it will begin soon. All that is beneath them, they are unaware of, but it shall be washed away for I will return this to the natural state.'

He says something else, but I'm back to looking at fish again (can't get hunting and fishing out of my mind, I guess - even there). Finally, he says, 'this is but one of many that shall succumb to the great inland lake I shall place here, for this pleases me far more than the evil that has dwelt here for so long'.

He then shows me a map of where the structure I called 'Lake Birmingham' occupied. It was a great shallow inland lake almost 200-miles across. Moreso a new, larger Everglades to replace the one now washed away by many tidal events, it spanned from Birmingham to Bowling Green, KY; and from Jackson, TN almost to the SW tip of Virginia. It was HUGE.

The Jeep stopped, I found myself standing in the middle of the dirt road, green mossy vines overhead, humid, foggy mist floating by, and looking at a golden hue to the north of where I stood, as I could make out the buildings - grown over, glass missing, vines overtaking them - and only the sound of swamp creatures croaking and chittering in the background.

I woke up, and of all things, really missed the chance to go fishing! That was a very nice stream we passed. Wonder if it is there even now?