Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incepted in my Own Hammock
Thursday November 13, 2014

I am at school, I think in the academic building. There are whiteboards around me. I am with other people and I think we're participating in an abstraction of the concept of studying, learning, practicing, doing homework, and the like. In other words we aren't doing anything specific, but we are doing all of these things. It is the middle of the night. I think about a few more things. Einsteins is in the background and one of it's employees who I interact with on a nearly daily basis floats out of Einsteins like a ghost, and moves in a vector until he passes through the fourth floor window and stands before us. "Come to Einsteins at 4:00 AM! We will be having an early class registration period, so if you want to be guaranteed to get your classes, this is the first opportunity to register." He dematerializes as his phantasm retreats the way it came. Outwardly, everyone in the room accepts his message. I think to myself, 'What? Einsteins doesn't open until 6 AM... This doesn't make sense.' This dream continued for a little while. It consisted entirely of my mind processing day residue.
I am in a second story room with hardwood floors and beautiful, wooden ceilings which hug the underside of the roof. The ceiling has wooden beam architecture that criss crosses and forms triangles for support. There are black metal fixtures attached to the beams which support black metal bars that reach to the floor and suspend it in midair. They enable the entire room to swing like a pendulum while remaining flat and aligned with the door that leads to the rest of the house. The room is a twenty foot square with no walls, but it is comfortable inside with no wind and a natural temperature. It is dark outside and the lighting in the ceiling casts a warm glow over the room. I am sitting in my blue hammock which is set up in it's ground frame on the other side of the room from the entrance. There are maybe a half dozen friends of mine scattered around my room talking and chilling. Jon is one of them, and we're talking. I realize how awesome this room is! I begin to think about the practicality of it, and of course my first consideration for a room with no walls is rain. I look at the roof and notice that it hangs about eight feet further than the room in all directions. I think back and cannot remember a time when I had a problem with rain coming in. Some part of me questions my reality and I consider the possibility that I am in a dream. No don't be ridiculous, this has always been my house. The next practicality I think of is temperature - how does it stay warm enough for me to live here year round? This isn't as easy to explain away. I must be living somewhere that it's warm year round...
We, or me, or one of my friends makes the room start swinging. My hammock, furniture, and belongings are oddly secure. Some time passes and people are just hanging out. Some people go between my room and the rest of the house, which is enclosed and fixed. I notice two men working on the outside of the neighboring building, which is an abnormally tall McDonalds that doesn't look anything like McDonalds. They appear to be cleaning the outside, several stories up. All of a sudden they fall, and I hear them hit the ground. That was pretty anticlimactic. The impact was not loud at all, and they barely screamed if at all. It just sort of happened. I peer over the side of my room to see what happened. The two men lay there one on top of the other, limbs slightly disfigured and intertwined. There is almost no blood but they're not moving. I sit back. I see Jon's father, dressed in black and manipulating their ropes, scurrying left along the top of that building. He fires a zipline gun at my house and ziplines to my room. Jon walks over to him and his father hugs him tight. They both look at me, in unity, and I realize there is much more to his father than meets the eye. His father fires another zipline to a building behind my house and down a hill. Still hugging Jon tight, they zipline off into the night.
I begin talking to another friend of mine, Andy. We talk for a while and end up getting into a really good conversation. I tell him he is a good friend and he's someone I can really trust. I proceed to divulge the details of my primary business venture to him, which I consider top secret. I detail exactly how I intend to pay of school and make my first million.
He interrupts. "Wait- what did you just say?" I immediately realize who I'm talking to. I try not to hate anyone, but if I did I would hate Andy. I think about how much I distrust this person and how valuable the information I just gave him is. He could use it to help me and make a lot of money, to compete with me and make somewhat less money, or to interfere with me and prevent me from making money.
"Uh....." I stumble over my own words.
"Did you just say that you trust me?!?"
"Uhm... yeah..." Awkward moment. I don't remember where the conversation went after that. I think the dream just ended.