Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost and Found.
My much loved one-and-a-half-year-old Ragdoll cat, named Butterball, vanished early last week, into thin air. My search for the cat was relentless for days upon days, and I was heartbroken and confused. Although I found canine tracks (fox), I found no kill spot. Upon entering the dream state, I asked for information about the hapless cat, in desperation. In the hypnapompic state, I found myself in a surreal setting, opening the front door, finding Butterball at the door, with one leg raised, as if having been hurt. I woke up in a panic. My interpretation was that the cat had been killed, but was telling me he was now OK. I continued with the search, with no results, over the next five days. Last night, between the "magic hours" of 3 am and 3:30 am (the time most people now are spontaneously awakening, for no cause), I "heard" a light, muted sound at the front door, and jumped up thinking Taffy, my other cat, needed to go out to use the bathroom. Upon jumping up, I observed Taffy sleeping in a ball, foot of the bed. In a Pet Semetary (sic) moment, I bolted from the bed, re-enacting the dream, heading toward the door, knowing what would occur next. To my absolute shock, as I cracked the door open (with my hair standing on end, back of neck), there was Butterball, as he appeared in the dream days before. The veil thins. He appears no worse for the wear. The rest is a mystery.