Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedar Point
I am at home talking to my Mom. We are walking around the back side of the house and up the side towards the front. We are walking up the side of the house which we fenced in over 10 years ago, but it isn't enclosed. There is also a cream-colored screen door on the wall. I take note of how out of place that is. There has never been a screen door over here. To the right of the door is a telephone pole, which for some reason is no taller than the top of the door. In real life the wires attach directly to the house, and I notice this too. I think about how everything is changing so fast. Nothing around home is the same anymore. I leave.
It is closer to the end of this dream. I spent a lot of time in , and now I am driving home back to . It is a long journey. On the way we decide to stop at Cedar Point. I follow signs and soon I am on the road which leads into the theme park. It is a single lane, light brown dirt road. Soon I can see coasters ahead. The road crosses one of the tracks and I find that odd. After not too much longer, I find myself driving on a triad of steel rails designed in the shape of a triangle for a roller coaster and painted blue like the egg of a blue jay. There is no way this is safe! The track extends over water and loops up and over our heads. I can't drive that. Before I can stop or react, and without deviating from the intended course along the roller coaster tracks, my car is back on the dirt road and we arrive.
I am out of the car and standing in line. The companion from the passenger seat turns out to be Jon. I am holding my Cedar Point cup in my right hand, and the warmth of my vaporizer hidden inside permeates the plastic and heats my palm. Only the straw of the vape sticks out, and I stick it in my mouth and take a deep breath of marijuana vapor. I exhale a translucent white gas like a person's breath in winter, but no one notices. I take several more puffs. I realize I am wearing my crocks and they will not be allowed on the ride. "Lemme go put my crocks in a locker real quick." I run across concrete between pedestrians and stow my shoes away. I walk back to the line barefoot. When I get back I see the girl in front of me in line. She is short, brunette, and round but not fat. She wears an off-white beanie with matching gloves, curled around the black hourglass body of my portable vape. The blue back-lit LCD panel faces me. She is inhaling from the straw. "Hey, that's mine!" I snatch it from her hands. Jon leans over and suggests "You should really be more careful with that." Well where were you while people were stealing my shit?!? My mind begins working on how she even got it. Last I remember the vape was in my hand. Did I set the cup down when I left? That doesn't really make sense. I'm just too high to keep track of my own shit right now. My head is cloudy from the weed. We're here to have fun. I continue to vape, without the cup this time, while we stand in line. After a while I start to get bored so I pull out my phone. I see the familiar device, but the screen is scaled up like when you have a really low resolution monitor. It's obviously the same resolution though, the DPI must just be messed up. I swipe my finger over the fingerprint sensor. Error. I try again- error. I try several more times, and each time it fails to read my fingerprint. I give up and slip the phone back into my pocket. After another minute or so Jon and I meet some beautiful women. We talk to them for a little while, but they aren't in line so they eventually wander off. At this point I am really high.
The line ends up being for the pool. Of course I am disappointed because I came here and paid all this money to ride roller coasters. I can swim any day. I think about saying something to Jon but I just stay quiet. Maybe he wants to get wet before we ride any roller coasters (which in the dream all involve water to some extent). The pool is pretty big! It is a huge rectangle, probably Olympic size. You can tell it's rather old. The design is very square with no rounded edges on the sides or the bottom. There is no shallow end either- the whole thing is twelve feet deep. Each longer side has two diving boards in the middle. The pool has space around it, followed by white adjustable pool chairs. Behind the pool is a wall with some trees behind it, in front of the pool is the wooden building we are standing under used to corral the line, and both sides have wooden bleachers presumably for competitions. The line for the pool is due to a capacity limit. Every time someone gets out they let a new person in. There really aren't that many people in the pool though, maybe a dozen. There are easily twice as many on land around the pool. We're next. They let Jon jump in, and two more people get out. I walk forward from the line without them telling me. I walk along the poolside about half the length of the pool and turn to face the water. I am holding my stuffed animal of my dog Spencer (which I was holding in real life while sleeping) so I look to my right and throw him on the first empty chair I see. It must have been a 40 meter pass, but he hits the chair I was aiming for and slides into a crack, like corn hole. He falls on the dry concrete below the chair. The neighboring chair is occupied, but I decide I don't care. I jump in the pool. My jump is poorly executed and I don't get the clearance I need. In the air my body rotates into a horizontal position and my legs fail to clear a concrete lip just under the surface of the water. Just before I meet the water my last thought is whether or not it will be cold. Impact. It is not. I don't feel any pain or feel my legs hit anything, but I did forget to take a deep breath. I hold my breath just in time to stop the water. Everyone else in the pool starts screaming and I try to figure out why. I paddle towards the surface but I just keep sinking. I begin to wonder if I got enough air to make it to the surface. I descend faster and faster, as if the water weren't resisting my fall at all. Finally I hit the bottom. I use my legs to push off. I wake up.