Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire storm
I was with my family traveling between our two homes, from our farm to another in the city at night time. It's winter here but there has been enough warm periods to melt the snow and now the land is dry and brown again. Driving into town i could see some big bonfires out in the farmers' fields, normally this is not too interesting and is a usual occurrence, but these were bigger than normal and there were more of them. We arrived home and weren't there for long before I became aware of the sounds of panic outside in the streets. I looked outside and saw what looked to be a very large fire burning a bunch of the high rise buildings. It was so bright it turned night into day near it. I've witnessed with my own eyes close-up what forest fires look like previously, and this seemed larger even than those. At first I was calm, thinking the fire departments would deal with it like they always do, there are sirens constantly passing our city rental house 24/7. Then I realised they were too busy, and I could see people fleeing in the streets away from the flames. I realised then that most of the city was on fire and that we should leave. I also realised right then, exactly how fast the walls of flame were moving and that they appeared to shoot up hundreds of feet in the air, as they moved forward with the speed of hurricane force winds. I saw someone had stolen my truck and thought, 'crap. how are we getting out now?' The next thing I knew, myself and my family were back out at our farm and could see the glow of the fire along the horizon, spreading outwards. We left our farm after collecting our mobile gear and livestock, and drove west across the wintery Rockies to the west coast to escape the flames. My sense of time placement during this entire dream is the fairly near future. At that point, I woke up. I went back to sleep fairly quickly and continued dreaming, this time myself and my husband were back in the Prairies, in the same winter, and near to the same time frame, but we weren't at home or in the city but in a rural area nearby during late afternoon. We were being our typical vigilant selves watching our environment and saw approaching in the sky from the west, very dark dense cloud formations that looked to be a very wicked storm, stretching the length of the horizon from south to north. There was strange greenish and white lighting shot throughout the clouds. The storm brought a great sense of oppression with it and a compulsion to leave the area to avoid it. Things got dark very fast as it rolled in. I pulled out and woke up when the sense of foreboding became too great to bear.