Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitch McConnell Exercising Power
Mitch McConnell, who will preside over the U.S. Senate starting in 2015, and I were sitting on a piano bench, facing the keyboard. I was on the far left side and he was on the far right side. Also, the keys had been reversed such that the higher notes were on the left and the lower ones were on the right. Other people were seated in folding chairs in the room behind us. They were mostly reporters but included some other observers, as well.

Using my left hand, I removed the left-most white key from its place to show that it had become disconnected and could not be relied upon to always create the proper note. The key actually was about a foot in length, going back into the body of the piano. After holding it up for others in the room to see, I reinserted it into the keyboard.

At this point, the dream changed such that McConnell and I were facing the audience, and there were now another two people sitting between us on the bench. McConnell was talking about how well tuned the piano was and what a perfect music machine it was, when I pulled out the first key on the left-hand side again; holding it up for everyone to get a look at it. McConnell crossly instructed me to "