Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robyn's phone
I had just got a new job in a restaurant and was working a late shift for my first day. As I was getting ready in the morning, my phone rang and it was the boss asking me when I was going in, indicating that I needed to go in for a bit in the morning. So I was working a split shift?
OK. I walked to work and did a couple of hours with Robyn (from How I met your mother TV series). The stream of customers had slowed down to a trickle and she told me I could go home for a bit. As I was walking outside I stepped into this business that seemed to perform some kind of professional services, but was not well organized. There till was a long rectangle where workers were inside handling customers outside. Another customer needed to phone his office for something and didn't have his phone with him. He looked at the stationary phone on the closest corner of the till and couldn't figure out how to use it. It had some proprietary system on it, so dialing 0 or 9 would not get you out of the building.
I looked at it and there was a small paper manual tucked in beneath it, telling you how to use it. He looked at me and said 'I can't read that!'. He then leaned in to try to read some, but immediately leaned back. I took the manual out of the holder and opened it up. Disappointed, I realized that it was only an instruction for how to use the phone to order internal supplies, like print cartridges or similar.
Finally, I just reached into my pocket for my cell phone and told him 'you can just use my phone'. To my surprise, I pulled out Robyn's phone. It was smaller and red; an older style flip phone. He made his call and the clerk announced that it was lunch time so the workers were going across the backyard to a restaurant there. I went on my merry way and after walking a bit further, I put my hands in my pockets again. I realized that Robyn's phone was no longer there, but for some reason the sim card was there, still in the holder. I decided to walk back, not sure I would remember the office since I never got the name. I was also wondering where my own cell phone was. Did Robyn have it? Did I leave it at home? At work?
The sidewalk was heavy with snow. I had to walk on the street and be careful not to get hit by cars. One car spun out right in front of me. I found the office I had been in, but all of the staff had not come back yet, including the clerk who had served me. For some reason I thought he had Robyn's cell phone so I decided to wait.