Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another flood
Date: 9 June 2015
No intention set

I'm somewhere there are lots of trees but not in a forest. More deciduous type trees instead of conifers. Not a lot of underbrush, like what we have in the TX Hill Country. There are small houses dotting the area, most are within sight of at least  one other house so they're not spread out too far apart. There are gardens near each house. I'm wandering around the area, don't know why I'm there. I don't know anyone yet those who do see me seem to know me. They greet me with familiarity. I just wave and say hi back to them. There are kids' stuff, like play areas and trikes, scattered around some of the houses. Pickup trucks parked near all the houses. The driveways are dirt. The road to the houses is dirt. A feel of being some distance from any town or city. There's a fence around the entire property that encompasses all the houses. It's like a small community.

Jump to the entire community is in an uproar. Chaos. People racing around. Men loading their trucks, the women corraling kids and animals. A woman rushes by me and thrusts a baby at me with the admonition to look after her baby for her. I look down at the sleeping child; it's a boy, dressed only in a diaper. I stand there wondering what the heck I'm supposed to do with this kid. His mother left me with nothing, no diaper bag, no bottles, nada. I decide to go in search of his mother and give the kid back to her. I walk around the side of one house. Their garden is there but nothing's growing. It's just nicely tilled earth, with rows indicating planting has occurred recently. I notice the ground is soggy, muddy. I skirt the garden to stay out of the mud and circle around to the front of the house. There's a pickup with a man tightening straps over the load in the bed. I approach him and ask if he knows the parents of the baby. He stops, looks at me, and says There's no time. You have to go now. What's happening? I ask. Water's breached the dam, it's going, he says. We got about ten more minutes before the water hits here.

As he talks, I look down and see a trickle of water swirl around my boots. I say You don't have ten minutes. The water's coming now. He looks down, then bolts for the driver's side. He tears out in a spray of mud and dirt, leaving me standing there with this sleeping baby. Well. This sucks. I take a minute to put the baby in the backpack I didn't know I was carrying, get the pack with the kid hefted in place, and then I start jogging towards what I hope is high enough ground. I make it to the top of a hill just as the full force of the water hits and I stand there, panting, hands on my knees, watching the swirling water inundate everything below me. Everything is washing away in the surging white-crested water. I check the baby in the backpack, he's still sound asleep. I still don't know what to do with him and have no idea where his mother went so I can get him back to her. Sighing, I sit down on the ground to wait out the water. Some days, I think, this job sucks.
holy crap DLP. id say theres a little overlap here.
I thought it looked like Oklahoma or texas.
what color was the truck the man was tightening down?
wow. we coulda been in the same dream.
was it raining? were there clouds, a storm?
(06-09-2015, 05:04 PM)still Wrote: holy crap DLP. id say theres a little overlap here.
I thought it looked like Oklahoma or texas.
what color was the truck the man was tightening down?
wow. we coulda been in the same dream.
was it raining? were there clouds, a storm?

I know it wasn't the TX Hill Country or east TX. There was a "midwest" vibe to it, which could include OK. But I don't know for sure.

I thought I didn't remember the truck color but as I think about it, I think it was red.

It wasn't raining but it must have been because the ground was already soggy and muddy. I know it wasn't sunny. Don't know if there was a storm but given what the man with the truck said, I assumed there had been a lot of rain to cause the dam to give way.

And I noted that you even had a baby in your dream. What is up with the baby thing?

I saw the title of your dream and didn't even look at it before posting, just in case there might be an overlap.
DLP, now that I know that Still's flood dream is not about water, maybe your dream could be about the dam near Dallas that was very close to breaking and totally emptying?? Does this resonate with you at all?

I just don't have the time today to research that dam. I desire finding the name again, and phoning the officials in that area. They shouldn't mind at all. heck, hubby and I are still researching to decide which part of Texas we want to retire in. East Texas is our choice so far, but even that covers a heckuva lot of area. So....
I have no idea if the dam mentioned in the dream is that one near Dallas.

For me, the metaphor in the dream was the baby. A sense of "this is your baby now". Something new being handed off to me but feeling like I'm unprepared-no baby supplies of any kind-and don't know what to do with the baby. Also, the sleeping baby represents the new thing isn't "awake" yet.
You do an excellent job of analyzing dreams. Yes, I see it just as you wrote it. Thank you, and I hope you are doing very well lately. Haven't gotten to chat with ya in awhile, but am not ignoring you.
Hugs, Nanny~
I found the dam Nanny mentioned, Padera dam near Midlothian, TX.

The video in this story has some touches from my dream: The fence around one of the houses, quick glimpses of children's toys/playthings in the background, the trees. So it could be possible but it doesn't feel right to me.
Am very thankful to hear it's not resonating as the place, with you! but of course sorry if this happens to any other state, too.
Dang, I had forgotten where Midlothian even is. Back to the map...before Texas really does put me on probation, lol.
June 23, 2015 - Video animation of landslide dam-break and catastrophic flood / debris flow through Tbilisi, Georgia
Happened on June 13, 2015.

http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2015/06...i-georgia/

There are phrases in your dream write up that point to this event.
(06-23-2015, 07:43 AM)Sherriann Wrote: June 23, 2015 - Video animation of landslide dam-break and catastrophic flood / debris flow through Tbilisi, Georgia
Happened on June 13, 2015.

http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2015/06...i-georgia/

There are phrases in your dream write up that  point to this event.

On 14 June, I had a waking vision as I brushed my teeth. It was like I looked into the mirror and saw someplace else, somewhen else. I was standing on a balcony overlooking a river. It was nighttime but bright with the full moon so I could see easily. Below me was a river filled with logs packed so tightly that a person could have walked from one shore to the other on the logs. Yet they were moving. Across the river were hills covered with trees. Somehow I knew I was watching a flood in action. Then it was gone and I was standing there with my toothbrush in my mouth.

There was a shot of debris in the water, packed so tightly, and that reminded me of my vision.
Saw this video about water being released from the Tenkiller Lake Dam in OK.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Iy2DhmnDU

More info about the lake: http://www.laketenkiller.com/

While I'm not reading about any flooding occurring in the area, when I saw the headline, I got a vibe this is the location in my dream.
It appears you dreamed the future, DLP. In June you dreamed of the historic floods appearing in OK and MO. Remind me to create a new trophy case for you.