Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replay dreams
Last week I had what I would term a "replay dream"; I've had a few before, they're literally I'm living through something that, in most cases, happens to me in the future. Last week's was typical in that it was nothing earth shattering, although I figure it shows I'm on a path I'm supposed to be on. I received an email from my manager with an attachment, was going to read the attachment and then decided I should respond first. I actually got up the next morning wondering where the email with the attachment was, and then thought some more and realized that the attachment was related to a subject that hasn't been written yet, which is why I couldn't find the email I had had another one of those dreams.

These type of things have typically manifested for me in the space of years away. There are three others I'd classify in the same realm that I haven't experienced yet; one replayed twice and I think won't ever occur (I was a soldier witnessing an airborne nuclear explosion the two almost twenty years ago), the other two would involve young children that haven't been born yet and can't manifest for multiple years based on the ages. And those happened at least two years ago, I didn't keep track of the date.

When I've had these in the past, they run about 10-12 seconds of real time. When they come up, the previous memory merges slowly until its the reality, which I suppose explains why they don't last long because when they manifest I've realized that I've seen it, which I suppose changes whatever actions I might have taken afterwards.

I'm curious how frequent this sort of thing is for others.