Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two short dreams
27 July 2015
No intention set

Two short dreams, vignettes or snippets, with no context

1) Driving along a city street. We're in the spouse's truck and he's driving. Hear sirens behind us. He pulls over. Fire trucks go by. We wonder where the trucks are going. We keep driving along until we reach our destination on a side street but we can't park nearby because this is where the fire is and the streets are blocked off. We park the truck as close as we can and get out. Cross the street. Smoke in the air but we can't see where the fire is located. Don't see the fire trucks, either. We walk down a side street. People are there, watching the fire. We join them but still don't see anything. A policewoman approaches us and tells us we can't stay, that it's too dangerously close to the fire. What about them? I ask, gesturing at the crowd. Not your concern, she says. Spouse says, That's okay, Officer, we'll move across the street. Is that good? The cop agrees and we cross the street. Still se nothing so we decide to keep walking to our destination.

2) Sitting in a pew in a very large church, about halfway down the main aisle, sitting at the end of the pew right next to the aisle. All the pews are filled and it's a very large church so there's a lot of people, several hundred at least. A man in a military dress uniform-I want to say Air Force blue but I'm not certain-is coming down the aisle. He has bodyguards around him; they're watching the crowd but not interfering with his interactions. He's shaking hands with people in the pews, quick conversations of the "hi, how are you? Thanks for coming" variety. A meet and greet, pressing the flesh sort of thing. He approaches me. We shake hands, he thanks me for coming. I see his name plate. It says "Ellis". I ask what he's doing. He eyes me, never losing his smile. Says, Whatever's necessary. It's like he's studying me, realizing I'm not like the rest of the audience. Cocks his head and says, I think we'll meet again. I say, Maybe. It all depends, after all. True, he says. He starts to move on. I turn and say, Hey. One more thing. He eyes me curiously. Nods, indication for me to continue. Who are you? I ask. That takes him aback for a second. Then his smile is back but this time it doesn't reach his eyes. Says, You don't know? I say, I wouldn't ask if I did. Quick chuckle and he says, You'll see. Then he continues on his way. I watch him for a few more seconds. No idea who he is or why I'm here but I know I'll find out eventually.

No real emotion, mostly curiosity about what was happening and what the people represented to me.

As I type these out, I'm thinking they were both message dreams.

I Googled "Gen. Ellis" and came up with some names but none of them resembled the man in the dream. Given that dreamtime language is often couched in metaphors and imagery, the man may not be military but he is a leader and his name is Ellis(whether that's first or last name, I don't know). Churches often show up for me in dreamtime, usually as metaphors for gathering places for groups of people. Usually they're not very big churches but this one was huge, like the mega-churches you might see on TV, which says to me that this man will be reaching a large segment of population.
Why does this not surprise me?
(07-28-2015, 05:30 PM)Windy Wrote: I personally know a man who is retired military, and a preacher in Baton Rouge LA and his last name is Ellis! He is related to my Ex. :0
(07-28-2015, 05:30 PM)Windy Wrote: I personally know a man who is retired military, and a preacher in Baton Rouge LA and his last name is Ellis! He is related to my Ex. :0

How very interesting, given your current spate of "ex" dreams.
There have been so many awesome surprises here, I guess I now expect surprises, especially with you, DLP and Still. ( Is it actually possible to expect a surprise?)
(07-28-2015, 06:16 PM)Windy Wrote: I don't know, because it surprises me!
(07-28-2015, 07:06 PM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: There have been so many awesome surprises here,  I guess I now expect surprises, especially with you, DLP and Still.  ( Is it actually possible to expect a surprise?)

It's possible. You know something's coming, you just don't know what and it ends up being something you flat didn't expect. Big Grin