Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electronic voice message
I woke up while dreaming in dream. 
The reason I woke up was due to electronic noise that sounded like scrambled voice I could not recognize. I felt that it might be "alien" and not human, and that I was trying to be "triggered," that is why I tried to wake up quickly and I did. 

One simple reason behind the electronic noise/voice in today's dream- paper under pillow!
All that scrunching and crumbling of paper noises fooled the brain
Kind of like an alarm going off and it being interpreted as an ambulance of something like that in a dream, etc. 
At least I hope it was just the paper noise being misinterpreted by the brain and not actual mind control technology to trigger me or something.  Confused
Or like in the Matrix when information was being downloaded to the brain.
LOL   Big Grin

Exclamation By the way, I had paper under pillow because I wrote down "August 2015" to see if I would dream anything regarding next month. But so far this method does not seem to work. 
I will be more specific with the writing today and write " I will dream of the biggest news headlines for August 2015" and see if that makes me dream of news-like events. 
Next week I also plan on getting an audio book by Stephen Laberge as my first step towards taking my dream "experiment/study" more seriously.
D4:

I see huge strides coming in your personal dream journey. Don't give up. Here's just a bit of what I learned from Project August and all the other intentional dream projects we've done. First, don't ever, ever, ever assume that your dreams aren't giving you what you wanted. Sometimes a single intentional dream holds a key metaphor for the critical component of the future headline. By default, you should at least write your dream down, even if you don't post it on the website. That way, you can look back and see how you shortsighted yourself in the interpretation.

Next, it is so important to remember that a SINGLE INTENTIONAL dream has a high chance of seeming irrelevant, skiddish, useless, etc. If you are dong intentional dreams for the future, you really need to have multiple dreams with which to work. You either need other companions to help incubate or if doing this alone, you really need multiple nights of documented dreams. The reason is simple: you need context and themes. Both of these are darn near impossible to ascertain in a single dream. Therefore, keep the incubation consistent and get multiple dreams. Then, compile all of them together to see what themes are present.

Finally, great job catching your incubation mistake. You do really want to make it very specific. The dreams will give you what you want, but you must make sure it's specific. Very specific. Also, put emotion into it. State the incubation out loud, not just on a piece of paper (although I DO agree with using the piece of paper!), and if possible, keep reflecting on the incubation throughout the day. Hammer your brain with this incubation and really get your feelings involved. More emotion the better.

AWESOME start, D4! I'm giving your reputation points for trying this out. I promise it will be worth it.

Oh yeah, finally....never, never, never criticize your dreams if you seemingly get 'nothing' of what you wanted. Criticizing will only guarantee that you won't get what you want in future dream sessions.
As for your voice sounds, I was having the same issues yesterday A.M., myself. I don't remember if it was over two days or just Friday night into Sat. A.M. I live out in the forest, so citified sounds like that don't come often. I thought it was someone's clock radio going off, but it was too early in the A.M. for that, plus it was coming from the opposite direction of the nearest house. In the haze of waking up to that sound, I wondered if I had left a computer or TV on, but I knew I had shut them off. It was a mystery where the sounds and voices were coming from.
(08-02-2015, 07:59 PM)keswickman Wrote: As for your voice sounds, I was having the same issues yesterday A.M., myself. I don't remember if it was over two days or just Friday night into Sat. A.M. I live out in the forest, so citified sounds like that don't come often. I thought it was someone's clock radio going off, but it was too early in the A.M. for that, plus it was coming from the opposite direction of the nearest house. In the haze of waking up to that sound, I wondered if I had left a computer or TV on, but I knew I had shut them off. It was a mystery where the sounds and voices were coming from.

Interesting. 

Yeah, although I am sure it was the paper noise that fooled the brain, it was still weird noise. 
It sounded like scrambled voices and in the dream I was so scared thinking this was some type of mind control technology trying to trigger me, so I was trying to block it by trying to wake up( I was dreaming while actually dreaming) and at the same time I was trying to hear what the hell the noise was, but to no avail. I even "felt" it on my head, that's why I thought about "voice-to-skull" technology or some sort of radio wave trying to enter my brain. But yeah, after a few minutes of calming down, I just knew it was the paper directly under the pillow. 

Yours is interesting, though, since you mentioned that you live out in the forest( I wish I could) and not the city. Definitely write down everything you can recall when you get those type of dreams. The fact that you are not in a city and did not have paper under the pillow makes your dream very interesting and eerie at the same time!
Keswickman - Saturday morning I slept longer than normal. When I was waking up I repeatedly heard my name being called. I don't like when that happens simply because it makes me feel like I'm in dang Matrix.

(08-02-2015, 07:59 PM)keswickman Wrote: As for your voice sounds, I was having the same issues yesterday A.M., myself. I don't remember if it was over two days or just Friday night into Sat. A.M. I live out in the forest, so citified sounds like that don't come often. I thought it was someone's clock radio going off, but it was too early in the A.M. for that, plus it was coming from the opposite direction of the nearest house. In the haze of waking up to that sound, I wondered if I had left a computer or TV on, but I knew I had shut them off. It was a mystery where the sounds and voices were coming from.