Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A jumble of dreams
19 Aug 2015
No intention set(beyond getting some sleep while sleeping on the floor. I really need to get a bed. Big Grin )

Traveling through a desert area. Hot, dry, dusty. No other vehicles, no other people seen. A sense of passing through on my way to wherever I'm supposed to be.

Cleaning a house-this could be day residue because I am in the process of clearing, cleaning, and staging our house to sell.

Standing on a rocky bluff overlooking an ocean. A feel that I've seen this locale before but don't know where. The sky is blue, the water fairly calm. The rocks are black and Swiss cheese-like, like volcanic rocks I've seen before.

Driving along an ocean-side highway. Mine is the only vehicle on the road but I do see people on the beaches. There's no real development in the area except for a hotel resort. Another nice day with calm water. Perfect for playing in the surf. I pull into a parking area, turn off the engine, and sit in my car, watching the water. I'm waiting for something to happen with the water, something I knew was going to happen. I'm there to witness whatever happens. I'm in no danger, I'm parked far enough away to see clearly but not be part of whatever's about to occur.

Over head view of the same shoreline, as if I'm in a helicopter flying in from the water's direction. Rocky shore with rocks jutting out of the water. Beaches with people in the water and on the sand. A few boats in the water. The surf is gentle at first but suddenly big waves start rolling in, crashing into the rocks, spray blowing high into the air. People on the beaches start to run. Most of the boats in the water try to make a break for open water. Some are slammed into the rocks. Some do make it but somehow I know they're still not safe. Some people on the beach stop to watch the boats. Others push by them. I know there's yelling and panic but I hear nothing. I'm struck by how sunny and clear the day is while all heck breaks loose on the shore.

I'm in an unknown city, walking through a carnival with loud music and bright flashing lights. Even though it looks nothing like Las Vegas, I know that's where I am. On the surface, everything seems bright and fun. I feel an undercurrent of darkness here, though, calling to people's souls. A siren's song of the dark, so to speak. I can feel it but it doesn't affect me. I'm also aware that it knows I'm there and I'm in danger the longer I stay there. But I have something I'm supposed to do and can't leave, not yet.

Walking through a crowded corridor. Think a hotel corridor but packed with people. Most are just milling around but some, like me, are on the move. I push through the crowd, which seems oblivious to those who are moving along the corridor. I can feel people behind me, following me, trying to catch up to me. I'm still in Vegas, looking for someone, someone I'm supposed to meet here. Someone who wants to leave Vegas but needs help to do so.

Still in the corridor. I've met up with a couple people who are there for the same reason I am, to help someone leave Vegas. We're going to work together. We know we're being pursued and that the pursuers are almost on us. We find our guy, an older gentleman whom I somehow know is retired military. He was at least a full bird, possibly a general, when he was active duty. Now he's just our assignment. We have to get him out of Vegas and get him to safety. We find him waiting for us at the juncture of two corridors. He's frightened but determined. We circle him, one at each point of the compass. We each put up a protective grid around the group. That way if one falls, protection will hold. We start moving fast. The pursuers are right behind us now. They attack. One of the group stumbles, goes to his knees. I fall back to stand with him, tell the others to keep moving, that we'll buy them time to get away. The one on his knees asks if I think we can hold them off. I tell him we were about to find out. He pulls a drum from somewhere and begins drumming and singing. I've got my rattle and I'm rattling along. I see the sound waves filling the corridor. The milling people slow. It's like the air becomes thick. Quicksand-like. Movement is nearly impossible. I see the pursuers, struggling to reach us. My partner picks up the tempo of his drumming and singing. I match his rhythm with the rattle. One of the milling crowd sits down in the corridor, watching us drum and rattle. Others follow suit until there's a solid carpet of people blocking the way between us and the pursuers. I look at my partner. He nods. Time for us to go. He does a fast rhythm on the drum...and a cat meowed in my face, waking me.

The shorelines, even though the appeared to be the same, felt different. The first one felt like Hawaii. The second like somewhere on the Gulf Coast along LA. The last was central or northern CA.

I don't know if Las Vegas was a metaphor for darkness, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I didn't recognize the others and none of us knew each other. We just knew we were there to help someone escape the darkness.

The drummer may have been Native American or someone who knows about drumming. I didn't recognize the words of his song, they were in another language. But the drumming and his singing held power which was augmented by my rattling.

I woke up this morning tired and achy, as if I didn't get any good rest(which is entirely possible since I was sleeping on a mattress on the floor and had cats bothering me off and on all night).
Cats! lol Can't escape them in reality or dreambots it seems.
I looked at your dreams AFTER I looked at today's Bot run. I mentioned that part of the run seemed like a state fair ( matches your carnival).
Also, Ram Island was in the botrun today. Again, matches your dreams.
http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/T...-Challenge
Quote:The pursuers are right behind us now. They attack.
When reading your dream, I kept getting the emotional sense of what you were experiencing, like reading a good book. Strangely I was following along quite well... I got a sense that the above sentence is an inner question... as well as the scene in the dream, my question to you is this....

Do you feel like you are escaping some darkness yourself with your move, the change in homes can sometimes be a relief but when i have moved i have questioned if i was in fact running away from something, people, places, burdens that no longer fit my current life or my spiritual well being. During this process of moving, are you taking enough time to examine these feelings you are clearly having, which are manifesting in the dream time? Or do you feel like this all completely outside of yourself?

I'm a military brat who married an AD servicemember. Moving is a way of life for me and I have a hard time fathoming those people who choose to live in one place their entire lives. This move is different, though, not that I'm doing it on my own(BTDT as a military spouse) but the sense that what was my life has ended and what will be my life is beginning. We're letting go of physical "stuff" we've collected over the course of our marriage to lighten our load and become more mobile. I learned last year how little I need to be comfortable(A bed is now high on that list. I am so NOT a floor-sleeping person). There's also the feel that my time in this area is coming to an end, that it's time for me to move on to my next location. Heck, for all I know, I'll end up living in an RV(hopefully not down by a river) with the cats.

I understand what you're asking in terms of is this move more of an escape hatch for me. I've thought about this, wondering the same thing, and I don't think so. Yes, moving in the past afforded me the opportunity to start over, avoiding the fact that wherever I went, there I was, as screwed up as ever. We've lived in TX for 14 years, the longest I've ever lived anywhere, and I've come to understand that my time here was about staying still and healing physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I like it here. I could stay here for the rest of my life. But it's time for me to step out on this next part of my journey.

There are some other aspects to this move that I prefer not discussing on a public board. I will say the spouse has seen enough happen and experienced enough on his own that he understands why this move is necessary and he is totally on board.

As for the cats, this morning they were both sleeping in the bathroom. One was on the new toilet lid cover and the other was in the bathtub. Why? Who knows? I know I don't. Big Grin
DLP:
My main comment is that when I came off AD, I did end up in an RV, down by the river! This RV was all of 2,500 dollars, so obviously not very nice. Lemme tell you the biggest caution about RVing it......if you are anywhere in a humid environment, the mold grows faster than weeds, and that will kick you out quicker than Dallas. We ended up in the fenced in garden in a tent. That lasted a few weeks until the first big storm came through. Sigh. Anyway, totally understand the moving thing...it became a way of life. Blessings.
(08-20-2015, 10:59 PM)Eagle1 Wrote: DLP:
My main comment is that when I came off AD, I did end up in an RV, down by the river! This RV was all of 2,500 dollars, so obviously not very nice. Lemme tell you the biggest caution about RVing it......if you are anywhere in a humid environment, the mold grows faster than weeds, and that will kick you out quicker than Dallas. We ended up in the fenced in garden in a tent. That lasted a few weeks until the first big storm came through. Sigh. Anyway, totally understand the moving thing...it became a way of life. Blessings.

And something that just struck me as funny: You and I using "AD" and knowing exactly what we mean while others may be scratching their heads and wondering "WTH are they talking about?" Ah, mil-speak. It's a language unto itself. Big Grin

For those unfamiliar with military acronyms, AD means "active duty".
Haha yea, usually AD around here means Awakeneddreamer.