Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitbit sleep mode
Has anyone used the fitbit sleep mode and tracked their dreaming related to the reported sleep times? I just got one as a gift, I haven't tried the sleep mode yet. I'm asking out of curiosity more than anything.
My only concern would be, keeping it on my wrist.

(08-24-2015, 01:04 AM)MTB_forums Wrote: Has anyone used the fitbit sleep mode and tracked their dreaming related to the reported sleep times?  I just got one as a gift, I haven't tried the sleep mode yet.  I'm asking out of curiosity more than anything.
The fitbit stays on the wrist quite well for me. Most of my basketball friends are wearing fitbits while playing basketball. To knock the fitbit off your wrist while in bed, I'd say you wouldn't be sleeping.

I did my intention and had a dream last night. The fitbit showed me as being restless this morning which would have been after the dream, at the point where I was trying to do some remembering so I could record it. For the previous 2 nights where I did no intention, I was showing a sleep efficiency of 90%, this didn't change for my intentioned night.
Are you suggesting that the PS intention might have created restlessness? Are you going to try and duplicate these findings? We just happened to be discussing this phenomenon in the back forums, wondering if seeing September is creating significant changes in our sleep/dream patterns for some reason.
I had restlessness the previous days where I didn't have an intention; I think the timing of the restlessness last night coincided with waking up from the intentioned dream, but I'm at a standard deviation of 100% with a sample size of 1. Too early to tell if the intentions will cause restlessness or not. I have no indication that it caused a difference in my sleep efficiency, but with only 3 samples there's nothing statistical yet.

I've noted in the past that I thought I was not sleeping well; seeing the stats, I'm beginning to think its because when I'm restless and awake, I notice it for 100% of the time I'm restless and awake. But 90% of the time it appears I'm sleeping, which means I'm sleeping much better than I thought I was.

At some point I'd have to think about whether I thought I had a good night's sleep and woke up tired versus what the sleep mode recorded, and correlate it to whether I did an intention.