Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
confusion
08/31/2015 AM
no intent
Mood: confused

I was going to work in a building that on the inside was a giant cave, taller than the Grand Canyon and possibly as long. I was an art restorer, copier, and cataloger. My Mother was the leader of this great big job. There were large 20ft by 25ft squares painted on the walls and each square was filled with the most beautiful paintings. They went 20 squares up and many many squares horizontal.
My Mother was dressed in Victorian black, widow's clothing. I introduced her to a young man that was going to work with the teams. He spoke only French and she answered him in French. She took immediate dislike of him. I did not understand her intense dislike.
My boyfriend came to see me at work and gave me a gift of French perfume. I dabbed a bit on my wrist and my Mother went ballistic! She was yelling and cussing at me, I was very embarrassed and my boyfriend left unhappy.
I was talking to a work mate about my Mother's reaction and she said "Did you not know about her romance from her youth. She was in love with a young Frenchman.
He and his Mother made a fool of her and caused her to be disgraced. Now she hates the French. Your perfume reminded her of all that."

I started looking at the paintings trying to decide how anyone could steal them, and wondering who painted them.

very confusing dream. My Mother is dead, never spoke any language other than English and as far as I know never had a sad romance. I have no boyfriends. I am not involved in art other then enjoying some of it. I don't wear perfume.

colors: cave red walls, golden tinted light, black mourning clothes, Renaissance style paintings
could be some day residue as I recently read that more cave paintings have been found.
I woke up totally confused!
France was in one of my PSept. Dreams today.
The old order is dying, and a new order ("new world order") beginning.  France and the French will be a catalyst to that change, as France has been for centuries.  French has long been considered a universal language, and is still (among the old guard) the "preferred" language of diplomacy worldwide.  As a young nation, it was very important for America to have France on her side, and present her credentials (our envoys at the time being Franklin and Jefferson).  Your mother is lamenting this change, and leading a project to memorialize the world which is dying, and will soon be forgotten otherwise.  Her speaking French perfectly, despite having never spoken French in her life, is not uncommon in the spiritual.  Betty Eadie, in her NDE, speaks of being able to understand all languages, and speak all languages, in that state.  And so what perhaps repulsed your mother with your acceptance of the perfume (and France being the longstanding purveyors of fashion and culture, perfume, etc.) is your willingness to accept this change in the world.  Your mother having been in love with a Frenchman is not literal, but represents what often happens in our youth: our breaking ties with long-established orders and find affection in the avant-garde, those things liberal and rebelling against our childhoods, our upbringings.  And then as we age, often do we become more conservative and remember with some fondness the traditions of our past.

Hope this helps.
(09-01-2015, 04:28 AM)NH watcher Wrote: The old order is dying, and a new order ("new world order") beginning.  France and the French will be a catalyst to that change, as France has been for centuries.  French has long been considered a universal language, and is still (among the old guard) the "preferred" language of diplomacy worldwide.  As a young nation, it was very important for America to have France on her side, and present her credentials (our envoys at the time being Franklin and Jefferson).  Your mother is lamenting this change, and leading a project to memorialize the world which is dying, and will soon be forgotten otherwise.  Her speaking French perfectly, despite having never spoken French in her life, is not uncommon in the spiritual.  Betty Eadie, in her NDE, speaks of being able to understand all languages, and speak all languages, in that state.  And so what perhaps repulsed your mother with your acceptance of the perfume (and France being the longstanding purveyors of fashion and culture, perfume, etc.) is your willingness to accept this change in the world.  Your mother having been in love with a Frenchman is not literal, but represents what often happens in our youth: our breaking ties with long-established orders and find affection in the avant-garde, those things liberal and rebelling against our childhoods, our upbringings.  And then as we age, often do we become more conservative and remember with some fondness the traditions of our past.

Hope this helps.

Wow! Your words about France in particular are very interesting and are something to ponder.
(09-01-2015, 04:28 AM)NH watcher Wrote: The old order is dying, and a new order ("new world order") beginning.  France and the French will be a catalyst to that change, as France has been for centuries.  French has long been considered a universal language, and is still (among the old guard) the "preferred" language of diplomacy worldwide.  As a young nation, it was very important for America to have France on her side, and present her credentials (our envoys at the time being Franklin and Jefferson).  Your mother is lamenting this change, and leading a project to memorialize the world which is dying, and will soon be forgotten otherwise.  Her speaking French perfectly, despite having never spoken French in her life, is not uncommon in the spiritual.  Betty Eadie, in her NDE, speaks of being able to understand all languages, and speak all languages, in that state.  And so what perhaps repulsed your mother with your acceptance of the perfume (and France being the longstanding purveyors of fashion and culture, perfume, etc.) is your willingness to accept this change in the world.  Your mother having been in love with a Frenchman is not literal, but represents what often happens in our youth: our breaking ties with long-established orders and find affection in the avant-garde, those things liberal and rebelling against our childhoods, our upbringings.  And then as we age, often do we become more conservative and remember with some fondness the traditions of our past.

Hope this helps.

Reading this reminded me of Rennes-le-Chateau.