Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Lights
For 20+ years now when I would drive by street lights, they would turn off. I put out the lights once on a hwy billboard. It has happened too much to be co-incidence. When I lived in this one city, it happened so much I was afraid the city would find me and start billing me for light bulbs. Dodgy Anyone else here have the same thing happen?
Yes it has! On a street where I used to live, we would walk the dogs down to the entrance of the neighborhood - no houses, just street lights one after the other. The funny thing that would happen to me is they would go out when I'd pass, and then turn back on after I'd walk away.
Yep, me too, they turn back on. It has to be an energy thing, not sure what though. One time when I was under a lot of stress, I drained the battery on a mic I was wearing. When I talk to certain people on my cell phone, the energy in the phone drains away quickly.

(11-09-2015, 06:41 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: Yes it has! On a street where I used to live, we would walk the dogs down to the entrance of the neighborhood - no houses, just street lights one after the other. The funny thing that would happen to me is they would go out when I'd pass, and then turn back on after I'd walk away.
You chicks are so very cool! glad you have this thread. I needed to know that it happens to someone other than an aqaintance of mine. I never got to see it happen. I know this gal's integrity but this is such a new thing to me that I thought at first that she was just seeing how gullible I was. I thought that for a couple of years till I realized she was dead-serious.
Nanny - Years ago I was a passenger in a friends car while she was driving. I was telling her about street lights going out. Then I saw up ahead of us, a huge lighted billboard. I told her, watch the lights are going to go out. Sure enough, they went out and came back on after we were past it. She was suddenly very quiet and I think she even stopped breathing for a few seconds. After that she believed anything I told her. Angel
I had customers that caused my cash register to malfunction when they came into the shop where I used to work.

Why do some people cause computers and electronic objects to malfunction People who can't wear watches for example because they lose time or stop altogether?

"Electric Humans will destroy any electrical appliance after a period of time."

http://www.answers.com/Q/&ad=1
Julie, LOL! I dig it. Yep, made her a "fan" even, I bet. It's poetry-in-motion when our peeps experience weird things we've told them about, with trepidation even, sometimes.

"Electric humans? The link took me to the page with lots of questions on it, but the word "electric" isn't there. I bet I can find it by asking about them, at the top of this page. Thanks! gotta read this.
Nope, I haven't found the answer to this one, yet. That's a cool website. I hope I can drive its server nuts with many questions, LOL.
What's funny for me is it's only streetlights. And it doesn't happen all the time. Computers I'm fine with, and most electronics. When my mom was alive, however, we used to play this game where we'd keep the traffic lights green until we got thru. Hard to quantify, but I swear that we could both keep a stale light green longer than it was supposed to!

And I haven't thought about that in a while. Nice memory, thanks for conjuring that up for me! Big Grin