Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
180 tires and wheels stolen from car dealership
This is a local story. If you're wondering how this could possibly happen and why this particular dealership, I'm betting the thieves cased a bunch of different dealerships and picked Ancira's primarily because of the location. It's about one block from the freeway. Usually that road is heavy with traffic but at that time of the night, traffic is sorta-kinda light. Plus, there's a huge offramp that runs right down the middle of the road, blocking a lot of view of what's on the sides of the road. The dealership's also located in an area where no one would think twice about seeing a truck like that. And there's a big lot in the back of the dealership, surrounded by a tall fence, where they keep a lot of vehicles. It's towards a side street, making it easy in and out without being noticed. Any noise being made would be covered by the noise from the freeway.

http://www.ksat.com/news/180-tires-wheel...-chevrolet
That's a LOT of tires. I wonder where someone would sell stolen tires without getting caught?
My thought is it's part of a chop shop setup. This was organized, not a couple of idiots. They knew exactly what they were doing. Get in, get the job done, and get out.  Wouldn't surprise me if there were lookouts stationed in the area to watch for cops or any attention so they could let the others know to get out of there.

My bet is they're long gone and what trail they left will peter out soon. The only hope the cops have is the perps get careless.

There. Corrected that misspelled word and removed the extraneous post. Everything's tidy now. Big Grin