Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
During surgery
First, a bit of background: I respond very well to anesthesia. In fact, I make a point of telling anesthesiologists that I go down fast, I go down hard, and I stay down. No kidding. I'll be out before they finish the IV push and usually the recovery room nurses have to work to get me to wake up again.

Okay, on to the rest of the story.

In 2009, I went in for a minor procedure. It was supposed to be conscious sedation but given my usual response to any sedation, conscious sedation=general anesthesia. In fact, I was completely under before they got me to the OR. The last thing I remember was telling the nurse anesthetist that I would see him on the flip side.

While out, it was like I was sitting in a pitch black space. I was aware I was in surgery but also aware that I was somewhere else, a place completely devoid of any light. I wasn't afraid, though. More curious.

Then a deep male voice said, "Are you ready to leave?" I didn't see the speaker and his voice seemed to come from everywhere in the dark.

I told the voice no, I had too much to do to leave.

"Too bad," he said. "It's time for you to go." I felt someone grab me by the wrist and begin pulling me along. I struggled to be free but I couldn't break the grip. I still wasn't frightened. If anything, I was pissed and let's just say I have a colorful vocabulary when the need arises. Nothing I said made any difference, though. I was being dragged through the blackness by whoever/whatever this was.

I yelled for help. Instantly, I was surrounded by Archangel Michael, my guardian angel, my team, a few ancestors, and, to my surprise, my two best friends. AA Michael hefted his sword-and boy, his sword made Conan the Barbarian's sword look like a toothpick-and told the whoever to let me go, that I had given my answer and it must abide by my answer. The pressure on my wrist vanished and I lost my balance. I toppled backwards and when that happened, I woke up in the OR.

All hell was breaking loose and the anesthetist was attempting to thread a nasogastric tube down my throat. I loathe NG tubes with a passion that defies description and even though I was still groggy, I very clearly told the anesthetist to get that *bad word* thing out of my nose NOW. He announced to the assembled medical personnel that I was back. The rest of the procedure was done with minimal anesthesia because the anesthetist was a tad twitchy at this point.

After I got home, my friends called and wanted to know what happened to me. They work in the same office building and were having lunch when they both got the vibe that I needed help right then. The immediately began praying for me, right there in their lunch room, until they felt that I was okay and whatever had happened was over. I told them what happened while I was under and how I saw them in that dark place.

Whoever/whatever had tried to take me meant business because it took several days for me to get back in my body. Until I made that reconnection with spirit and body, I was pretty darned loopy.

I have no idea who/what that energy may have been. I only knew I wasn't about to go with it, willingly or otherwise.
I am very glad you made it back.
Me too!
Glad you made it back, glad I'm not the only one with a colorful vocabulary! Big Grin
DLP, very interesting ... thank you for posting.  I remember going in for surgery as a teenager and being quite afraid that the anesthesia would not work, and I'd never fall asleep.  That is when the anesthesiologist chuckled and said, well that is not what most people fear; most people fear that they will not wake up.  I told her, I never worried about waking up, just going under and staying under.  She must have given me a extra dosage, because when I was in recovery, I had the worst nausea of my life.

I sense this was a demon who tried to take you.  The fact that you weren't afraid, helped.  Though you did end up yelling for help, and I imagine because at some point of this being dragging you further into the darkness, your spirit sensed, this is not good.

The presence of the AA Michael too, indicates strongly to me that it was a demon.  In Scripture, Paul writes of the "sword of the spirit," and that is what you saw with Michael.  His sword is literally containing the power of the Holy Spirit, and so no demonic force (even Satan himself) can defy that.  Satan and his demons only have the strongest power over us with their lies and deception, and when we believe those lies.  By the grace of God, you did not, and thus, you are still with us today.

When Howard Storm died as an atheist, he was shocked to still be "alive" in the spirit while "dead" in the body.  He describes leaving his room in the hospital, walking into the hallway, and seeing dark presences coming towards him.  He knew, this was not good at all, and he felt helpless.  He vaguely remembered a song from his childhood, and started to sing the tune, "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so."  The moment he started to sing, the group of demons coming towards him began to slow down, and then, they turned around and left him.  He then continued with his NDE, seeing the light instead, and then knew that he had to return (and completely change his life).  He became a minister, and remains so to this day.

These EHEs sure do teach us, don't they, but also leave us speechless too.
(12-09-2015, 05:58 AM)NH watcher Wrote: When Howard Storm died as an atheist, he was shocked to still be "alive" in the spirit while "dead" in the body.  He describes leaving his room in the hospital, walking into the hallway, and seeing dark presences coming towards him.  He knew, this was not good at all, and he felt helpless.  He vaguely remembered a song from his childhood, and started to sing the tune, "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so."  The moment he started to sing, the group of demons coming towards him began to slow down, and then, they turned around and left him.  He then continued with his NDE, seeing the light instead, and then knew that he had to return (and completely change his life).  He became a minister, and remains so to this day.

Thanks for sharing about Howard Storm. I know from personal experience that demons/evil ones CANNOT, share the same space with Jesus or any of his Angels. It's a fact, like a Law kind of thing.
(12-09-2015, 05:58 AM)NH watcher Wrote: DLP, very interesting ... thank you for posting.  I remember going in for surgery as a teenager and being quite afraid that the anesthesia would not work, and I'd never fall asleep.  That is when the anesthesiologist chuckled and said, well that is not what most people fear; most people fear that they will not wake up.  I told her, I never worried about waking up, just going under and staying under.  She must have given me a extra dosage, because when I was in recovery, I had the worst nausea of my life.

I sense this was a demon who tried to take you.  The fact that you weren't afraid, helped.  Though you did end up yelling for help, and I imagine because at some point of this being dragging you further into the darkness, your spirit sensed, this is not good.

The presence of the AA Michael too, indicates strongly to me that it was a demon.  In Scripture, Paul writes of the "sword of the spirit," and that is what you saw with Michael.  His sword is literally containing the power of the Holy Spirit, and so no demonic force (even Satan himself) can defy that.  Satan and his demons only have the strongest power over us with their lies and deception, and when we believe those lies.  By the grace of God, you did not, and thus, you are still with us today.

When Howard Storm died as an atheist, he was shocked to still be "alive" in the spirit while "dead" in the body.  He describes leaving his room in the hospital, walking into the hallway, and seeing dark presences coming towards him.  He knew, this was not good at all, and he felt helpless.  He vaguely remembered a song from his childhood, and started to sing the tune, "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so."  The moment he started to sing, the group of demons coming towards him began to slow down, and then, they turned around and left him.  He then continued with his NDE, seeing the light instead, and then knew that he had to return (and completely change his life).  He became a minister, and remains so to this day.

They certainly do.

I felt sorry for the doc, though. She was a first year intern and this was her first procedure of this type so what does she get? Me, nearly coding on the table. Big Grin

In the intervening years, I've crossed paths with other demons. One of the first things I learned is they can't force me to do anything-they have to abide by the free will rule, too-but they can whisper and suggest. Another thing I've learned is they gain strength through their target's fear. I've learned not to fear them but I do respect them and what they're capable of doing. Oh, and another thing I've learned: Don't ever make a deal with a demon. I don't care what fiction and the entertainment world may say, you will never win with a demon. Never. They know all the angles. And don't dialogue with them. Keep things simple. Again, they know all the angles.
Such wise words, DLP, re: demons, and dealing with them. How much power we give them simply in our fear. Pure evil wants to destroy God's creation, but for most of us, we may unintentionally do evil out of the same fear, which confuses us in listening to and believing their lies.