Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psalm given to me while in Prayer
Yesterday, I Prayed for 2016 to be a better year than what we saw happening in 2015.  In addition, I was praying for myself and others on my Prayer list.  I was given Psalm 37 to read and it instantly put my troubled Spirit at ease. I wasn't sure about sharing this here on NDC. Well, this morning the thought was coming through strong for me to post the entire Psalm, not just a link.  

A Psalm of David. Psalm 37

1. Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.

2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.

4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.

6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.

7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.

8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret—it only causes harm.

9 For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the Lord, They shall inherit the earth.

10 For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; Indeed, you will look carefully for his place,
But it shall be no more.

11 But the meek shall inherit the earth, and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

12 The wicked plots against the just, and gnashes at him with his teeth.

13 The Lord laughs at him, for He sees that his day is coming.

14 The wicked have drawn the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy,
to slay those who are of upright conduct.

15 Their sword shall enter their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.

16 A little that a righteous man has Is better than the riches of many wicked.

17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken, But the Lord upholds the righteous.

18 The Lord knows the days of the upright, and their inheritance shall be forever.

19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time, and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

20 But the wicked shall perish; and the enemies of the Lord, like the splendor of the meadows, shall vanish.
Into smoke they shall vanish away.

21 The wicked borrows and does not repay, but the righteous shows mercy and gives.

22 For those blessed by Him shall inherit the earth, but those cursed by Him shall be cut off.

23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way.

24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with His hand.

25 The Heritage of the Righteous and the Calamity of the Wicked

26 He is ever merciful, and his descendants are blessed.

27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell forevermore.

28 For the Lord loves justice, and does not forsake His saints; they are preserved forever, but the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.

29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell in it forever.

30 The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, and his tongue talks of justice.

31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

32 The wicked watches the righteous, and seeks to slay him.

33 The Lord will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.

34 Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, and He shall exalt you to inherit the land; When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.

35 I have seen the wicked in great power, And spreading himself like a native green tree.

36 Yet he passed away,[a] and behold, he was no more; Indeed I sought him, but he could not be found.

37 Mark the blameless man, and observe the upright; for the future of that man is peace.

38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together; the future of the wicked shall be cut off.

39 But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble.

40 And the Lord shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them,
because they trust in Him.
Julie, thanks for sharing what you feel is important for us to also hear. Spirit informs our lives as well as our dreams, and I love that you shared this on the last Sunday of 2015. Angel
Julie, I'm really glad you felt led to post this. Rereading it in a quieter hour, I note that verse 8 is one that we can easily overlook. Even subtle whispers of resentment can darken our souls. When we have even these slight bad feelings about others they can harm us. Cool thing is that the other person isn't necessarily harmed but we do something to ourselves.

Bless you bunches, gal~
Wonderful, Julie, that you did as the Spirit directed you to do. The Psalms are forever comforting, and truly an expression of God's Spirit, in and through us. A preacher once said that he advises all those contemplating Christianity, or are new born Christians, to "bathe" themselves in the Psalms, and the gospel of John. I always liked his expression, to "bathe" in the Psalms.

Earlier in December, the Lord was very clear to me, the same admonition He gave His disciples before He left, to "not let your hearts faint from fear." Isn't that what literally happens when we fear? We do faint, if not outside, then literally inside.

There is such little time left ...
Yes, NH, that is how I feel when I'm given a Psalm to read, I feel like I am bathing in it. This morning I was thinking that when I get to Heaven, I will see a long line of people waiting to talk with David. I think many people can relate to David simply because there were times when he failed miserably, yet he still dearly loved God. Sometimes when I read the Psalms I can feel his emotion as he wrote it.

I agree with what you said, "Isn't that what literally happens when we fear?  We do faint, if not outside, then literally inside".
For a Child of God, it's our Spirit more than our physical beings that need the strength that only the Holy Spirit can give.
Really appreciating y'all's thoughts today.
We sure are warned in Revelations of "mens' hearts failing them for fear."

The chaos and civil war that will be coming, and maybe even simultaneously with war of invasion from other nations are going to test us right to our limits.
We're going to be okay as long as we stay in His safety net of true humility that sometimes only He can see. We really do, IMO need "eye of the tiger towards most in this maniacal world, but the attitude of a lamb inside ourselves.

I didn't remember how David failed. I do remember Paul's writings and in particular where he said that the things he knew he should do, he didn't and the things he knew he should not do, he did. He went on to say in same context that he therefore realize it was not him, but "sin that made a home in him." I wonder if we miss some of what he was saying/the double meaning. Perhaps he was saying that though he was not "possessed" that he was temporarily "inhabited" by a little gremlin/spirit.
When I said "failed" I was thinking about the whole Bathsheba drama.
Thanks, but shame on me because you are still reminding me of things that I barely have memory of. I feel nailed still. LOL and this is good. seriously~