Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prediction Earthquakes
Cuba! started popping and they've gotten bigger not smaller. This may be much bigger action heating-up. That area, the Caribbean is overdue for something above a 5mag. Seeing the name "Cuba" on quakes isn't common or hasn't been the ten or so years I've been following them online.

Shallow buggers, too. Any size is worse when it's so shallow.

5.1 44km SSW of El Cobre, Cuba 2016-01-16 22:30:24 UTC-10:00 10.0 km
5.1 29km SSW of El Cobre, Cuba 2016-01-16 22:17:35 UTC-10:00 10.0 km
4.6 30km SSW of El Cobre, Cuba 2016-01-16 20:48:09 UTC-10:00 8.2 km
4.8 29km SSW of El Cobre, Cuba 2016-01-16 20:37:27 UTC-10:00 10.0 km
Another in that part of the globe, also shallow.

Looks to be maybe 600 miles West of the Cuba action.

86km WSW of Great Swan Island, Honduras 2016-01-17 17:20:39 UTC-10:00 15.6 km

an interesting post from a few mins ago... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnQfxQ1RNLA
Yet another shallow 6 Mag.quake! This time it's less than 15 Kilometers which isn't many miles deep for one so powerful.

6.0 171km E of Ceva-i-Ra, Fiji 2016-01-18 08:24:19 UTC-10:00 14.8 km
(01-18-2016, 12:05 PM)still Wrote: an interesting post from a few mins ago... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnQfxQ1RNLA

Yup - I'm following that story too... It seems to have "disappeared" from the main news outlets, except for one story that I posted a link to earlier.
If the claim on that youtube is that the Subduction zone in the Pac. Northwest has slipped four feet or four "something?" it's likely not true. Least the local MSM is working to calm folks that dread "the big one" by telling them that there's no truth to the claim.

I personally have not researched this at all. Hope the youtube is kinda short so I can watch it, discern and then do some research, but my hunch is that it's a hoax. (Personally, I think Chani is a hoax, too but if it's real I then think it's a demon messing with folks, but heck, in these crazy times I'm still open to many things being true that are this unique.)
Not a hoax... One of NOAA's buoys dropped 4 inches at first, then an overall 4 ft drop. It's not really a prediction, mostly just a warning that something could happen, because it's happened before. If the bottom dropped 4 ft, it will eventually snap back into place and all of that water has to go somewhere. Boom! Tsunami! It could also mean volcanic disruption and earthquakes.

I don't like to be the doomsayer, but it's good to be prepared for the "just in case".. People are often caught off guard when something big hits and they don't know what to do... I would rather be warned, than not know at all.
So, this is another report that the news there is calling a hoax? I don't live there and just am a bit confused.

Editing, got rushed....yes on being prepared. Warnings can get folks to get to the store, etc. and do serve us well IMO.
Thank you!
**SaveLife**

Out of sincere respect for you, I ask this...do you prefer we stop using your thread to report quakes, and talk of any and all things quake-related?

Just let me know and I'll move my quake reports and posts. I thought we had a dedicated Earthquake thread here but haven't found it yet. Probably because I am not taking the time to go far down my search list.

I hope you are fine and that you are coming back to NDC to post more, and when so, please! just let me/us know.

Big Mexico quake, offshore and really shallow for a 6.6. Hope it's not a foreshock.

6.6 215km SW of Tomatlan, Mexico
2016-01-21 08:06:59
UTC-10:00
10.0 km deep
(01-20-2016, 03:32 PM)Nanny Wrote: So, this is another report that the news there is calling a hoax? I don't live there and just am a bit confused.

Editing, got rushed....yes on being prepared. Warnings can get folks to get to the store, etc. and do serve us well IMO.
Thank you!

No, you mentioned that you thought it was a hoax and I said it wasn't.
Thanks for the reply, gal. I see why I, at least some of the time should not "think aloud" into the keyboard. Sorry for being as clear as mud.

I was thinking of previous hoax-reports about earth changes.

If this is not a hoax then we'll start hearing it from other sources besides the youtube, IMO.

Either way, that subduction zone, called the Canadian sub. zone? is overdue for a I think "great" quake to hit.
7.1 in Alaska early this morning:

http://ktla.com/2016/01/24/magnitude-7-1...mi-threat/