Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prediction Earthquakes
Holy crap, IHM! Saturday, about 1530 CT, I was talking with my DIL and suddenly felt like the ground was shaking. Not much, a gentle shake that lasted a few minutes. I started to say something to my DIL and realized she wasn't feeling what I felt. Not only that, the light fixture over the table was completely still. I chalked it up to picking up something but not knowing what.

Now I think I picked up what you did, except I'm farther away so it wasn't as intense.
(01-04-2016, 03:31 PM)DLP Wrote: Holy crap, IHM! Saturday, about 1530 CT, I was talking with my DIL and suddenly felt like the ground was shaking. Not much, a gentle shake that lasted a few minutes. I started to say something to my DIL and realized she wasn't feeling what I felt. Not only that, the light fixture over the table was completely still. I chalked it up to picking up something but not knowing what.

Now I think I picked up what you did, except I'm farther away so it wasn't as intense.

It's been awhile since I've used military time, but that's 3:30pm CT, right? Which would literally be about the same time I felt whatever it was I felt.. I do that too... Feel things no one else does.

It's a weird sensation sometimes, like I have a bubble that's around me and something on the outside pushes inwards, causing movement and pressure fluctuations on the inside of the bubble, as well as to me. This is probably the closest I'll ever get to explaining it. Lol

Kinda cool someone else felt it too, but kinda scary, too, eh? Like what the he'll was it?
Quote:It's been awhile since I've used military time, but that's 3:30pm CT, right? Which would literally be about the same time I felt whatever it was I felt.. I do that too... Feel things no one else does.

Yeah, it's 3:30 pm. I'm used to thinking of the time in the 24 hour clock. Big Grin

It's interesting that your experience was more intense than mine, as if you were closer to whatever was being felt.

For me, the stuff just happens with no warning. I've also had instances where I catch glimpses of the future. They're so real that I think they're happening NOW, until I find out otherwise.

Quote:Kinda cool someone else felt it too, but kinda scary, too, eh? Like what the he'll was it?

I appreciate when I get validation that other people also felt what I felt. And I've said "What the hell was that?" more than once. Big Grin
For sure!! Angel I do believe we, whom have been through great suffering or passed over, never Truly come back the same person! Am right? You've had an experience? Maybe during a term of service? Whichever it is I believe our clairity must be earned. Either through meditation, prayer, or traumatic experiences. However we get it some of us are born with it to which it only gets stronger. Yea? Thank you for your in-put! Big Grin
(01-05-2016, 03:28 AM)DLP Wrote:
Quote:It's been awhile since I've used military time, but that's 3:30pm CT, right? Which would literally be about the same time I felt whatever it was I felt.. I do that too... Feel things no one else does.

Yeah, it's 3:30 pm.  I'm used to thinking of the time in the 24 hour clock.  Big Grin

It's interesting that your experience was more intense than mine, as if you were closer to whatever was being felt.

For me, the stuff just happens with no warning. I've also had instances where I catch glimpses of the future. They're so real that I think they're happening NOW, until I find out otherwise.

Quote:Kinda cool someone else felt it too, but kinda scary, too, eh? Like what the he'll was it?

I appreciate when I get validation that other people also felt what I felt. And I've said "What the hell was that?" more than once.  Big Grin
For sure!! Angel  I do believe we, whom have been through great suffering or passed over, never Truly come back the same person!  Am  right?  You've had an experience?  Maybe during a term of service?  Whichever it is I believe our clairity must be earned. Either through meditation, prayer, or traumatic experiences.   However we get it some of us are born with it to which it only gets stronger.  Yea?  Thank you for your in-put!  Big Grin
(01-05-2016, 03:28 AM)DLP Wrote:

Yeah, it's 3:30 pm.  I'm used to thinking of the time in the 24 hour clock.  Big Grin

I appreciate when I get validation that other people also felt what I felt. And I've said "What the hell was that?" more than once.  Big Grin
Now we have a rare quake in North Korea! I've followed quakes for many years and been in more than I can count, and personally have never seen one there, or maybe one micro offshore? Seems vaguely, likely.

This one is a minimum 5 mag.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/e...al_summary

Nope, it was not a quake. News is now out that it was detonation of a very powerful bomb, much moreso than standard nukes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...osion.html
I recall one in N. Korea back in the 90's maybe that "appeared" to be an earthquake, but then was determined due to nuclear testing.. Perhaps another, stronger test?
Yes, I don't doubt it but am thinking I saw what, to my memory was more of a micro, and it did make news as being a test, yet this memory is so vague as to doubt self.

Even quarry blasts come up on USGS, but I think just the most powerful quarry action because it isn't a regular thing.
(01-06-2016, 04:22 PM)Nanny Wrote: Yes, I don't doubt it but am thinking I saw what, to  my memory was more of a micro, and it did make news as being a test, yet this memory is so vague as to doubt self.

Even quarry blasts come up on USGS, but I think just the most powerful quarry action because it isn't a regular thing.

I happened across this in the news just now:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1934572-...ysheadline
These online reports are quite good and make it sound like this was not a successful "hydrogen" blast. Sounds indeed like it was a failed "bomb experiment" per our runs lately.
One report stated some authority that said they missed the "second-phase hydrogen explosion" after getting the first part right.

Another said that this 5.1 recorded "false event" of a quake was not a big enough false quake for it to have been hydrogen.

Funny, in a way to see USGS world earthquake map today and see the mark on North Korea, a diamond-shaped mark for "other than quake" blast.
I saw the diamond shape on the USGS map, too. Lol.. Nice of them to make the distinction for us.

I think the governments (ours, S. Korea, and others) may be trying to downplay the size of the explosion, so not to cause worry and panic. I'm sorry, but anything that can generate a 5.1 or 4.8 on the Richter scale is pretty big and scary to me!
A couple of other govts. were quoted as suggesting that a 5.1 could cause an atomic bomb but not a thermonuclear hydrogen one. I don't know, but I do agree that ours may not be telling us all that is known or they could be lieing about parts of the event.
Save Life, et al have you seen these yet? The earth is popping today, how few days after the New Moon?!

We have a Japan 6.2, very deep which is good for them, and then a Philippines 6.5 but very shallow less than ten miles deep.

(01-11-2016, 03:54 PM)Nanny Wrote: Save Life, et al have you seen these yet? The earth is popping today, how few days after the New Moon?!

We have a Japan 6.2, very deep which is good for them, and then a Philippines 6.5 but very shallow less than ten miles deep.

I saw those when I looked them up last night.. I wanted to see if anything was happening out there, after waking up to thinking about my Oahu devastation dreams... It was more than just thoughts though. It was almost like I was telling someone about them, but there were no other voices and it wasn't a dream. I just literally woke up having this mental conversation in my head about those dreams and immediately texted my daughter.
Gal, it's Japan again! We now have a 6.7 not even 25 miles deep. Man, the map has got a lot of action especially for being in-between moon phase extremes. (or, are we closer to that new moon than I am thinking? gotta check Lunar calendar)
Also, we have a 6.1 in Bolivia, but a blessing here is tht it's more than 200 miles deep. Mama-Earth's popping so what will we awaken to? Hopefully just a bunch of 5s and less.
I don't believe the earthquakes are related to the moon phases. Or if they are, it's minimal.

After we had a tsunami warning when we still lived in Waikiki (before the Japan quake), I started seeing videos and new scientific information coming out about certain sun events that were messing with our magnetic field and could be causing the earthquakes. I've been watching this since 2010 and so far, it appears to be legit. Every time the sun spits out a solar flare or CME, depending on whether it's earth facing or how close to us it is, our earthquake activity rises. At the moment the flares hit us, it causes our magnetic shield to go ape nuts and we have a large earthquake somewhere. At the time of Japan's and Chile's huge earthquakes, we were being hit with solar flares / radiation bursts. So ever since then, I've been watching these reports. I hear about a large flare coming our way and I wait for an earthquake. They really play havoc with us..

And it could explain my dizziness when the Japan quake hit. Humans and animals can be affected by the magnetic instabilities, too. I don't recall feeling the Chilean earthquake in 2010, but I had had recent surgery at that time and still heavily medicated. I may have felt something, but associated it with the meds..
I believe the higher tides during the two moon extremes often, not always, do facilitate quakes because of what one gallon of water weighs. Considering the weight of an ocean moving that much higher on the inland faults as well as the undersea faults is my reason.
Clearly the things are random, generally speaking.

I read a Phd geologist that pointed us to historical record of areas that had their 6 and 7 magnitude quakes after an increased rainy season. His indication, I *think memory serves here, was that the rain softens up the faultlines. So, I suspect water is involved in aiding quakes, and now we have the fracking which is again, Water and Oklahoma has become the "new California" in terms of quaking.

Agreed about solar energy! Spaceweather.com confirmed early last year? I think it was, that the energy from incoming CMEs are scientifically proven to affect the human equilibrium and suggested we check for flare news when we feel off-balance for a day or two.

We humans as well as our pets indeed are earth sensitive. Yes, some will scoff at that but few bother to record their own symptoms and record the dates of Earth events next to the dates of their body records. A woman became famous in some circles for having proven her physical sensitivity to quakes and other things. Her name was Charlotte King and doctors/scientists studied her, proving her claims.

Honshu, that march was it, of 2011? So many people died but reportedly it was said that animal carcasses were not found by the thousands if at all. The animals sensed the energy that helped cause the quake and ran from the areas hit by that tsunami.

Lastly, "quake weather!" The day before that so-called "World Series Quake" our weather in No.CA. was horribly still, humid and a heatwave. It was then reported by a loved-one that the weather before Hawaii Big Isle's 6.7 that same was true for Hawaii.
I've now heard folks at quake sites talk of it over the years and that one Phd Geologist said he personally heard two women, the day before Loma Prieta (world series quake) one said to the other while walking out of a downtown building that it was unusually miserable weather. The other looked at her and said "quake weather!" Next afternoon, our quake hit.
That is really interesting and I didn't think about how the moon phases effects the tides and how it could be related/equated to earthquakes. Maybe a combo punch of moon phases, water, heat/humidity, and CMEs/flares could create the big ones?

Sometime around May of last year, I read an article, (that for the life of me, I can't locate now), and it discussed how the Hawaiian islands sloughs off chunks of land periodically (thousands of years between). The area that created the Pali lookout, Nu'uanu Valley, and Kaneohe are a part of that and debris has been found more than 500 yards off shore from it. The scientists in the article stated that they have figured out this usually occurs during periods of extreme climate change with heat involved. The islands are porous due to the lava rock foundation and as the world heats up, the oceans rise. And as the oceans levels rise, they absorb into the lava, farther than they normally would and it starts to soften the ground. They weren't really sure what would start the landslide, but surmised that it could have been raining a lot, further softening the ground. As there were still active volcanoes in that time, a nice rumble could have start the landslides. Or an earthquake.

As there are no currently active volcanoes on Oahu right now, I don't think we need to worry about them starting another landslide. However, as the islands are still sitting on the hotspots (the Big Island primarily), anything could happen. A lot of folks think of the islands as a safe spot, because the ring of fire and the plates are mostly on the perimeters of where they sit. But think of the islands as the "steam vent" that sits in the middle of it all. If the plates are shifting around - and we know that they are - what could that do the the vent in the middle of it all?

And Oahu had that 40 days/nights of rain in 2006 or 2007, I don't recall which now, then followed by that huge quake off of the Big Island, they're lucky they didn't have any slippage then... Or did they? Because ever since then, they've had continuous water main breaks, several a day at one point. And they're adding all of those new towers in Kaka'ako, new ones going up in Waikiki, and other areas.. They're literally adding tons of concrete weight at the very edges of the islands; where they know there is a future risk of failure. They've known this since the late 70's when the news came out about the water levels rising. When I was a kid, there was a beach in front of the Sheraton Waikiki and it's mostly gone now. Kailua Beach Park is shocking to me! There used to be a huge expanse of sand between the grassy areas and the ocean. It saddens me when I look at the pictures of then and now... After going back to Hawaii in 2008 and year after year experiencing the humidity levels being unreasonable now. I grew up in Hawaii since 1965 and sure there has always been humidity there, but not to this extreme!

I feel like Oahu and possibly the other islands are building up to another major landslide. The scientists in the article said they're overdue for another one and all eyes are on the Big Island for it, but it seems like everyone is ignoring what is going on on Oahu, like it couldn't happen there again.
It'll be cool if you can find a link to that article about the sloughing-off of land! BTW this post of yours is wonderful. It could've been been an editorial in a Hawaiiian newspaper, so very informative! Cool

Yes, I hear that Oahu is rebuilding its sewage system because of it crumbling and leaking weekly just like the even foot-wide water main breaks. That apparently makes the local news there weekly? it sounds.

Oh man, you grew-up in true Hawaii and are indeed one of the ones that can be saddened by the erosion! Sigh...

Forever learning, life is grand and I just want you to know that I am enjoying our sharing on these things, a lot.

Save Life, are you lurking, reading? or not here lately? I hope you are fine.
Would you prefer that we start another Earthquake thread instead of using this one of yours? If so, please just speak it and consider it done. We could even move our posts to our new thread, deleting them here. Not a problem so am asking you!

Uh oh, dig this Utah 4.0 that's new, still red on USGS map. It's very, very shallow. Not marked as a quarry blast but they're not that big of magnitude, least the ton of times I've noticed.

This says only 1.0 kilometer deep. That's hardly more than one-third of a mile deep, right? I forget, not liking the metric system.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/e...al_summary