Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Endless Rooms
Pretty sure this could be day residue, as Nanny and I were chatting earlier about houses with endless rooms, hallways, etc. I had 3 dreams of this place in a row.

1st Dream: It's move in day for all of the new residents at a new building in Hawaii. [Note: Initially, it appeared that I was in a certain area of Honolulu that I am familiar with and the building I was moving into is existing - not new, but less than 5 years old]. My Hawaii son-in-law was there helping me move in. From outside, it appeared to be more like a regular apartment building, but inside it seemed more like a hotel, because at one level, it had all kinds of stores - a grocery store, various kinds of shops and eateries. It looked very upscale and I recall someone saying how awesome it was to have everything we need within walking distance. [Side Note: The building I am familiar with actually has a grocery store and several eateries nearby, but all outside the building]. I don't recall seeing a lobby at all. The front doors to the apartments had a long slim window in them, about 5"w x 5'L. They had hung a slim, sheer curtain on the door, so I set to work cutting up manila folders and taping them to the door for more privacy. [Note: at this point, the dream seemed to be related to work..aka.. manila folders]. There was a man giving me instructions about setting up quickly and meeting him "at the office". At first, I was in a 1 bedroom unit that was furnished very nicely. Granite counter tops, a nice stone wood burning fireplace, very upscale looking. At some point, everyone assembles outside (near the shops). Then I briefly woke up.

2nd Dream: Upon waking, I thought about the building I am familiar with and I know it's for low-income dwellers. It wouldn't be upscale at all. I fell back asleep, still thinking about the 1st dream, and the dream continued. Still inside the building, but the design of the building inside is not at all shaped to what it looks like outside. It's rectangular-ish shaped and hollow down the middle. Meaning, I can look all the way down to the first floor, when standing at the railing, and you could walk all the way around on each floor. It seemed very hotel-like at this point - a mixture of shops and apartments. [My awake self was thinking about the earlier "house" conversation with Nanny at this point (yes, I can do that) and I knew that this was likely related to that convo, but I didn't fight it. I wanted to see where it would go].. I realize that a friend has also moved in (not totally thrilled about it) and her unit is right next door to mine's. She's excited to see me and is going on and on about how we are going to do everything together and how we can hang out all the time. (Ugh).. I tell her I need to finish unpacking and I go into my "apartment". It's now a 3 bedroom unit, each with their own bathrooms... I again briefly wake-up for about a minute - grumbling that my friend has invaded my dream.. (lol)

3rd Dream: I continue the dream where I left off, exploring the rooms that seemed to go on forever. There were multiple living and dining rooms, and kitchens. It just seemed to go on forever and then I realize that some of the units were connected by doorways and hallways - like some hotel rooms are - and for a brief moment, I was terrified that my room was connected to my friend's room, but it wasn't. Every living room and dining room had it's own wood burning fireplace. Nothing was really large, including the kitchens. Kinda on the small side, really, but it had a very comfortable feeling to it. I recall seeing a lot of gold and earthy colors, in the granite, on the walls, the furnishings. Some of the walls seemed to be painted a dark brown color. It would seem dark in some places, but the lighting and furnishings gave it a very cozy feel. The stone used on the fireplaces were a light color, too. No dark rocks. I remember feeling very comfortable there and wanting to stay. [Note: At this point, I no longer felt I was in Hawaii...aka.. the many fireplaces. Hawaii wouldn't put wood burning fireplaces everywhere like that]... I was looking for my kitchen to cook in - that's when I noticed how many kitchens there were and then realizing that my "apartment" appeared to be more like a cluster of apartments, all connected by private hallways that you could almost not see, because they were around the bend of a wall or something. So I was thinking how neat that was, because the family could all be connected, but have their privacy spaces, too. And suddenly my family was there, too. [Note: All the while I was dreaming this dream, I was recalling my conversation with Nanny, about multiples rooms in dreams possibly meaning that were are exploring our unconscious minds. So I was eagerly exploring my unconscious mind, which apparently looks like a great place to hang out.. Wink ]...
LOL! Is this what lucid dreaming is? I think I need to go read another definition of it.
No, wait, is lucid dreaming when you know you are dreaming and can change the dream? If so, now I don't know if I ever did.

I dreamed I could fly/glide so very many times that in some of the dreams I told folks things like, "I told you I've dreamed I could fly so many times and I really can!" stuff like that.

Because I once predicted a plane crash, I forced myself to stop dreaming when one would start. From 1990 to about 1992, I refused to allow myself to dream. I didn't want to know the future anymore. And so I got real good at it. To the point where later on when I did start dreaming again, if I was having a nightmare, I would just say "Wake up, Reagan, you're having a bad dream". Lol.. And at times I can hear my awake self thinking or asking questions. Almost as if I'm an outside observer watching a scene in a play. Usually the only time my awake self gets involved in one of my dreams is to wake me from the bad ones. Or to ask a question when "we" don't understand something. (We as in my awake & dreaming selves).
Interesting new development.. I met the man that was in my first dream during a Skype interview this afternoon.. (Dreams never cease to amaze me!).

Anyways, at the end of the interview, the recruiter (the man), said that the new employee will be flown to their main office in Minnesota for training. I would be staying at a hotel for a week or so and there would be meetings at the office... So, hmmm?

I don't want to get my hopes up too high. I did that with the school job and didn't get it. But I want to be optimistic.
Just a quick follow-up.. I got the job.

I also have a possible opportunity to move to Las Vegas and rent a friend's mobile home (fixer upper maybe?).

I don't know what I'm going to do yet; waiting for all the information to come in.
Congrats IHM!!! Nice that a precog dream is positive! (Not that they can't be, but we all focus on the dark and intense ones, don't we?!)

I am over the top happy for you! Well done!
MORE GOOD NEWS!! wonderful news I mean! Congrats and very happy for you, IHM. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
So Happy for you that something positive going on in your life. Smile
Is that Las Vegas, NV or NM?

(02-04-2016, 07:10 PM)IslandHippyMama Wrote: Just a quick follow-up.. I got the job.

I also have a possible opportunity to move to Las Vegas and rent a friend's mobile home (fixer upper maybe?).

I don't know what I'm going to do yet; waiting for all the information to come in.
(02-05-2016, 08:58 AM)Julie Wrote: So Happy for you that something positive going on in your life.  Smile  
Is that Las Vegas, NV or NM?

(02-04-2016, 07:10 PM)IslandHippyMama Wrote: Just a quick follow-up.. I got the job.

Thanks Julie! The position is located in the Denver office, but the corporate office is in Minnesota, where I'll be going in about a week and a half to train.
I think it is great news about the job. You also get to see a different part of the country in Minnesota which will be a nice thing too. I don't know what type of work you will be doing in your new job but I hope it is a great match for you.