Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supporting a Victim or Defendent
I was in a large conference room, seated at a rectangular table with about 12 people total. To my left was a young woman, to her left was her lawyer. We were all there to discuss her case, I don't believe we were a jury, it seemed as though we were all there to understand her point of view and support her, although we were also asking many questions, almost as though we were prepping her for trial. However, it seemed the only lawyer in the room was to her left, and somehow our role was to help her.

The focus of the other people wandered, they did not seem particularly interested in helping her. Her lawyer just sat there and contributed very little. I finally became disgusted with the entire process. I talked very loudly to get everyone's attention, I gave a bit of a pep speech, that we were all there to help her and we needed to focus on the task at hand. I had everyone chant her name (think it was Carol) and we pounded the table as we said her name.

This is what the young lady looked like, white, long dark hair with bangs:
https://media1.giphy.com/media/r7mzyTRdxZING/200_s.gif
Do you remember what she was charged with or any of the questions that you were all asking her? Do you remember getting a sense of who she was by her demeanor, or how she was dressed?

What was her reaction when you gave your speech and had everyone chant her name?
Goldengirl, I wish I could remember, but I do not. She seemed relieved with our support; she had been very tense and then relaxed a bit.
Well, whatever it was, you were not only supporting her, but uplifting her as well.