Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirror shields
Nanny, you asked about mirror shields for psychic self defense/protection.

The idea behind a mirror shield is fairly basic: Mirrors reflect so a mirror shield will reflect back a psychic attack or excessive emotional energy, leaving the shielded person protected. These shields are passive, in they don't do anything except reflect outwards. They are not defensive weapons. You are not attacking anyone. You are merely preventing someone/something from attacking YOU.

Mirror shields are, in my opinion, the first line of defense, and they can range from a fairly simplistic construct to something quite complex. The shields are limited only by your imagination and your intention.

The basic process: First, you set your intention so you can focus that intent into action. Then pull energy into a ball around you, imagining the exterior to be an intact mirrored surface. You can pull energy from outside yourself-think of it like vacuuming up the energy that's all around us-to form the shield but it won't be as strong as if you run the energy through yourself, making the shield part of you. I run energy from Mother Earth, thanking her for her generosity, up through my feet and through the energy channels in my body. I gather up a portion of the energy, mix it with my energy, and then push it outwards until I'm encased in a mirrored bubble of energy. You can also run energy down from Source/Creation. Either or both works well, depending on the situation(Always remember to thank whichever source you use. It's good manners and a sign of respect).

Why a mirrored ball? Because you want to be completely protected and a ball provides complete coverage, including beneath your feet for those really determined attacks, and you don't want any seams or cracks that might provide an opening for questing little fingers of energy.

Once you have the shell of the shield constructed, you can fill the interior of the shield with white healing energy, pink love energy, or any color of energy you desire. Or nothing, if that's what floats your boat. You can also create symbols to cover the exterior of the shield, symbols that have meaning to you. A cross, a sword, a pentacle, a flower, a white knight, runes, really, anything as long as it has meaning to you. You can even use multiple symbols.

Crafting a mirror shield, if you've never done one before, takes a bit of practice until you can slap one up without thinking about it, sort of a reflex action that occurs the instant you register an attack or a surge of energy that threatens to overwhelm you. They're not difficult to create but it does take practice. My early shields functioned for low level problems but, as time went by, I learned how to craft shields that handled everything except the most dedicated attacks. Like I said, you're only limited by your imagination. However, you don't want to get so complex and complicated that it takes time to craft your shield. You want to be able to pull it up in about the time it takes to blink and you want it to be a reflexive instinct where you really don't even think about what you're doing.
Oh, yes! big thanks and duhh at my, again, literal self! I was thinking "mirror" only in terms of us looking into one. Bingo, diggin it.

I do know Psychic Vampires live among us on this planet. They can be a mother-in-law, heh heh or anyone that feeds off of the emotional reactions of others. Perhaps the term means a bit different thing to others but I have easily discerned some in my life. It's fun to drive them back on themselves as they see they fail to feed off of us. Cool

Wow, your explanation can be quite involved. I'm gonna reread and take it in to understand what some of you do.

I just meditate and thank God for discernment and the fact that living in my center, NOT in a bragging way but it's just a gift that any human that meditates is living within a "shield" except when we let ourselves delve into our mental emotional realm, and then we lose that shield for that time.

Drives the vampires mad when they can't provoke, play or manipulate us. My mom-in-law is one of my personal examples. She called me a butterfly, so carefree, before her tactics failed a lot of times.
This can work for any soul on earth.

Wow, thanks DLP for that detailed description. I've surrounded myself with white light before when I thought I might need it, but never thought about using a mirror shield. And it was certainly something I needed some quiet space to create (I would feel it like a gentle rain from above, as well as a fog lifting up from my feet, and I would let it ratchet up until I felt tingly all over), but not something I could throw up in a flash.

I think I have some practicing to do.... Big Grin
(02-08-2016, 03:50 PM)Nanny Wrote: Oh, yes! big thanks and duhh at my, again, literal self! I was thinking "mirror" only in terms of us looking into one. Bingo, diggin it.

I do know Psychic Vampires live among us on this planet. They can be a mother-in-law, heh heh or anyone that feeds off of the emotional reactions of others. Perhaps the term means a bit different thing to others but I have easily discerned some in my life. It's fun to drive them back on themselves as they see they fail to feed off of us.  Cool

Wow, your explanation can be quite involved. I'm gonna reread and take it in to understand what some of you do.

I just meditate and thank God for discernment and the fact that living in my center, NOT in a bragging way but it's just a gift that any human that meditates is living within a "shield" except when we let ourselves delve into our mental emotional realm, and then we lose that shield for that time.

Drives the vampires mad when they can't provoke, play or manipulate us. My mom-in-law is one of my personal examples. She called me a butterfly, so carefree, before her tactics failed a lot of times.
This can work for any soul on earth.

Yes, there are emotional vampires, those who seem to cause a lot of trauma-drama whenever they're around. Yes, they feed off that. It's like a drug to them, whether they know they're doing it or not. Many are unaware of this tendency. Many are. Best and easiest way to deal with them is to simply stay out of the drama. Don't give them anything to "eat", so to speak.

There are also real vampires in the world. They can feed off emotions but their "food" of choice is life energy. And they feel perfectly entitled to take what they want, because non-vamps are seen as nothing more than cattle. They will tear through your shields if you don't have strong shields. They are capable of attaching what amounts to a feeding tube to you so they can feed at will and you'll have no idea it's happening except you feel weak or under the weather all the time. Emotional vampires are to these vampires what a Smart Car is to a Ferrari.

You may never cross paths with one of these vamps or any of the other energies and entities that exist. You may never feel the need to learn how to protect yourself beyond the most basic shielding. You may never need to learn. Only you will know that for sure.

(02-08-2016, 08:28 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: Wow, thanks DLP for that detailed description. I've surrounded myself with white light before when I thought I might need it, but never thought about using a mirror shield. And it was certainly something I needed some quiet space to create (I would feel it like a gentle rain from above, as well as a fog lifting up from my feet, and I would let it ratchet up until I felt tingly all over), but not something I could throw up in a flash.

I think I have some practicing to do.... Big Grin

White light is good for day to day stuff but I suggest you get in the habit of surrounding yourself with it every time you leave the house. Make it as much a part of your house-leaving routine as gathering up your purse and putting on your coat. That will help with the practice. You can save the shields if you get the vibe that you need something stronger or if you get blindsided by something.

Pink light is good, too, if you're dealing with someone who carries a lot of darkness inside them. They really can't stand the thought of healing or love and they will probably fall over themselves to get away from you.

For me, shielding is just part of energetic hygiene. You wouldn't go out of the house naked. So why go out energetically naked and primed for picking up all sorts of energetic yuck?
Good advice DLP, thank you very much! Getting a better handle on my physical health, spiritual health is important too!
Yes, these psychic vampires feed off of turmoil, chaos and tears? Oh yeah, if they can get sadness or crying, they'll feed off of it by even embracing their dinner, so to speak. They vary from as you said, on auto-pilot, not realizing what they are doing, to intentionally engineering their drama, knowing they'll be reporting/gossiping about it to their cohorts and many of them truly get "food" from this.

Starving the buggers is sport for those of us with solid shield. NO, not sport that is sought-out. Just is what it is when we see them instantly begin.

It's a blessing to not need to stay out of their drama, but like having to be in it quite often, yes even at family, holiday dinners to perhaps office drama, etc. The blessing is to be in the "eye of their storm" and be at-peace and even unaware of our "shield" that's doing battle for us, always in defensive mode of course.

I believe they are legion and that every human comes in contact with them, just sadly unaware much of the time.

Meditation in the right spirit with honorable motives, meditation "in the light" is an impenetrable shield.
Problem is, choosing to not stay in the meditative state, being lazy and not meditating when we know we need to is when we put ourselves without this shield, even if for only 10 mins, for example.
I know every time I'm at fault for doing this to myself.

However, it's cool how many times I've likely not even known I was in danger because this gifted shield was doing its thing and I was in my center, at perfect peace.

DLP, you said said, "Yes, there are emotional vampires, those who seem to cause a lot of trauma-drama whenever they're around. Yes, they feed off that. It's like a drug to them, whether they know they're doing it or not. Many are unaware of this tendency. Many are. Best and easiest way to deal with them is to simply stay out of the drama. Don't give them anything to "eat", so to speak.

There are also real vampires in the world. They can feed off emotions but their "food" of choice is life energy. And they feel perfectly entitled to take what they want, because non-vamps are seen as nothing more than cattle. They will tear through your shields if you don't have strong shields. They are capable of attaching what amounts to a feeding tube to you so they can feed at will and you'll have no idea it's happening except you feel weak or under the weather all the time. Emotional vampires are to these vampires what a Smart Car is to a Ferrari.

You may never cross paths with one of these vamps or any of the other energies and entities that exist. You may never feel the need to learn how to protect yourself beyond the most basic shielding. You may never need to learn. Only you will know that for sure."