Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold weather/Holocaust memory, 2.8.16, am
This certainly was NOT the way I wanted to start my Monday morning. I like starting my week on a positive note and try to think of only positive reasons why I need to work.

I get out of bed and am walking to the bathroom thinking, feels a little chilly so I will light the bathroom heater. As I am bending down to light the heater a thought comes to me, "this is what cold is". I then see a picture of holocaust victims standing naked in the cold waiting in line to be gassed.

Afterthoughts:
1. I am quite shaken, humbled and thankful for what I have. I look around at my old house and feel an enormous amount of thankfulness to have a roof over my head.
2. In the past I have seen holocaust visions and they always leave me shaken to the core of my being.
goosebumps. I am sorry. I know that feeling. I have seen holocaust visions.
Thank you Still for being a Spiritual Sister or Brother.
sister Wink
This was a blessing, Julie. I've had things like this hit me. I think Father-God is scanning us and very pleased when we reply within with such thankfulness and humility.

Running out of milk, not having it to put in my coffee or tea did this for me in recent-past. Other example I can recall was being so very glad a strong cold front came through, and immediately as if someone bumped me on shoulder, I thought of how harsh it was for the homeless and commented that afterthought to hubby.

Yours was more profound.
Also, a bot run not long ago spoke of our comfort zones, I think the word was "killed" with that.
I wonder if you receiving this reminder today was extremely timely.