Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owl and phoenix
18 Feb. 2015

Today's meditation
Intention: To be instructed on what I need to know, what is important for me to know. I intended it to be a personal meditation. Spirit had other ideas. Big Grin

I saw a mountain, big, jutting up from the land. Everything was green, like a tree canopy. The view shifted and I looked down at the peak. There was no snow, just rock. An owl flew out of an opening in the peak, in a big cloud of gray smoke. Big owl with a huge wingspan. It flapped its wings to gain altitude. It flew by me so closely I felt the breeze from its wings and could see individual feathers. It took no notice of me as it flew high into the sky. Just as the owl reached the clouds, it burst into flame and transformed into a phoenix. It held position in the sky for a bit of time, flew over to me and studied me with dark eyes in a flaming face. I felt no heat emanating from the phoenix. Then it swooped away, towards the ground far below.

Notes: Usually when I see an owl or get an owl message, it's from the brother of a friend of mine who crossed over 10 years ago. But this owl wasn't a message from him, especially considering I've been seeing owl pictures and symbols for almost a week. Nor is Owl one of my totem animals.

Information about totem animals from http://www.linsdomain.com/full-totems.htm:

Quote:Owl: The owl is the symbol of the feminine, the moon and the night. The owl is the bird of magic and darkness, of prophecy and wisdom. Owl is the messenger of secrets and omens. She is the link between the dark, unseen world and the world of light. Those that carry this essence find themselves quite comfortable with their shadow self. An owl totem gives you the power to extract secrets. People cannot deceive a person who has an owl totem. Owl people can see into the darkness of others souls. Most owl people are clairvoyant because of this ability. It can be very scary at times. Learn to trust your instincts about people. Let your owl totem guide you. Owl, the night hunter, has the ability to see what others may miss. The gift of this medicine is to be undeceived by external appearances and to discover the truth beneath them. Owl is the totem bird of clairvoyance and astral travel. The veils which surround the normal boundaries of space and time can be pierced, if you take the owl as ally.

There are those who believe owls are messengers/harbingers of death, too.

The mountain felt like a volcano, somewhere in a heavily forested or jungle area.

Bottom line, something is coming that will transform everything(the phoenix). What that has to do with me, besides the obvious in that it will affect everyone, is a mystery at this point.
Do you think you can ask for clarification about the meaning of this dream?

Kelley
As you know, owls have been in peoples dreams and phoenix in bot runs, which would also mean in dreams. Is wisdom going to arise from the ashes? (whatever the ashes are in this case).
Smoke and flaming face...Aletalete asked about March and dreamed of smoke and I forget what else. I want to now check other dreams to see if others did too.

DLP, do you think this dream of yours may have anything to do with heat from the sun scorching earth? or a manmade event like an EMP?
I always see owls in a dream as a good thing. A message or an omen of some kind. And usually personal to the dreamer.

DLP, I'm taking this as it being a personal message to you. Your wisdom or something about you or in your life will transform. Dreaming of the Phoenix is about transformation and usually a good thing (rising from the ashes).
(02-20-2016, 11:48 AM)IslandHippyMama Wrote: I always see owls in a dream as a good thing. A message or an omen of some kind. And usually personal to the dreamer.

DLP, I'm taking this as it being a personal message to you. Your wisdom or something about you or in your life will transform. Dreaming of the Phoenix is about transformation and usually a good thing (rising from the ashes).

Thanks, IHM. That would go with another message I saw that was given directly to me.