Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Dog Barking (not a dream)
This is just weird, and not a dream, but decided to post.

I was sound asleep this morning, when right before 6am I heard my brother's dog bark. That startled me right out of sleep, then I heard the dog bark again. We sleep on the upper floor and the bark was very clear and sounded as though it was coming from the ground floor. I got up and went through the house to see if my brother had dropped the dog off for us to watch. His wife is in the hospital and we've occasionally taken care of his dog for him. At any rate, the dog wasn't here. I was very uneasy, so I quickly showered and went to my brother's house to check up on him, as he's been under heavy stress that's really beginning to wear him down. Fortunately, he was soundly sleeping as was the dog, so I let them be. And there was no news from the hospital either.

Overall, just a strange experience, don't recall anything quite like this before. Perhaps some of you have experienced something similar.
Maybe the dog was dreaming about you and on some level it wanted to get your attention.
Yes, experienced phantom sounds and in fact it's nuts but hubby is my witness, and a dear friend told me when they got their house alarm upgraded, working again, that they have the same thing happen. In fact, she told me about it happening to her before I told her we have it happen intermittently.

It's phantom sound of our door chime, the setting we keep it on unless hubby's napping, when the alarm itself is disarmed. It beeps the five or six times but always just noticeably quieter, just as it does when a door opens or closes, or as it does when we take a window screen off of the house.

At first we each doubted ourselves, but it happened days later, a week later or whatever, and it still happens sometimes but maybe even three weeks since the previous one.
Thanks for your posts. We've owned several large dogs, and never experienced that with them. Wondering if the time - 6 am - is significant. Will just have to monitor that going forward. Nanny, that is really peculiar to have that happen with inanimate chimes.
Our door alert would go off when a lizard would cross it making a shadow. Also at night those big tree roaches would crawl on them making them go off! I finally set the camera so I could watch for the culprits and that is how I figured it out.
I also caught a lot of Orbs floating out there!
That's a good idea about setting up a camera. Love the orbs floating around. One time I drove thru a sea of Orbs and it was a wonderful experience that I will never forget.

(02-25-2016, 11:19 AM)esholars Wrote: Our door alert would go off when a lizard would cross it making a shadow. Also at night those big tree roaches would crawl on them making them go off! I finally set the camera so I could watch for the culprits and that is how I figured it out.
Ah, your door alert system is wireless? Ours is all hardwired, and they have to be moved physically for the door chime or alarm to go off.

Lucky you got an explanation for yours. Ours has done this more times than I could have kept track of. Friend in San Diego apparently has the same experience. One common thread is we're both sensitives, same spiritural belief system, and both gifted per the supernatural realm like most if not all of us at NDC.

Iris, it's a trip and oh how glad I am that I know at least one other family that has it happen, also.

ORBS! hubby says he's seen them here. I have not. Are they colored? or just light?

Julie, you too! was your sea of orbs colorful?

(02-25-2016, 11:19 AM)esholars Wrote: Our door alert would go off when a lizard would cross it making a shadow. Also at night those big tree roaches would crawl on them making them go off! I finally set the camera so I could watch for the culprits and that is how I figured it out.
Nanny - The Orbs I saw were perfectly round, all the same size, clear no color. Reminded me of soap bubbles that are blown thru a wand. It happened during the day time on a desert country road, no traffic so I was able to stop the car and sit for a while enjoying them. A friend was with me and he experienced it also. The Orbs were moving around us and through us making us feel giddy and super happy.
Wow, I will so dig it if ever gifted an experience like that, gal! Cool