Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red worm
1 Mar 2016

No intention set

Several dreams that were related:

1) Spouse and I are looking at a property with a house on it. The property meets our requirements, the house is in good structural condition, and has enough space for the family. However, it's filled with junk that needs to be cleared out and cosmetic repairs. Will also need to clear junk off the property around the house. Owner is asking $35K for everything. He wants to be gone ASAP and doesn't want to deal with clearing out the crap. We're okay with that.

2) I'm at my son's house. My son and I are standing next to the open gun safe. I'm telling him that money will be no good in a few days and he'll need to use some of our silver to get his family squared away and up to our house. I take a gold coin and about a 1/2 dozen silver coins. The coins are the size of drink coasters as if to emphasize what they are. I tell my son to use cash to get as many supplies as he can ASAP and if he needs more cash he can hit the stash squirreled away in my room. I take out my .45 and all the ammo. Tell him to lock and load. He asks about the shotgun. I tell him I'm taking it, too, and then he can bring the rest. I tell him not to waste time, to haul ass before it gets bad and people realize how bad it's getting. He tells me not to worry, he's got it covered.

3) Back to the property and the house. All the crap has been cleared out of the house and off the property. Now I can see what needs to be done, the cosmetic repairs that will be needed. I walk into a room with double French doors. This is going to be my room. I've already got a bed in there. One wall has built in bookshelves and I'm debating whether to leave them as they are or to paint them. Suddenly, I see my mother and father standing off to the side. I walk over to her and ask her what they want. My mother tells me she's just checking up on me. Ok,I return to studying my room. I eye the mottled green shag carpet and think this HAS to go. I see something move in the carpet. It's a big bright red worm, like an earthworm but way bigger. About 6" long and as big around as my thumb. It's wriggling through the carpet. Oh-kay, gonna have to deal with that. I step over the worm to find something I can use to scoop it up and take it outside. Don't have much in the room at the moment though.

At this point I woke and went to the restroom. Came back to bed and the dream picked up again.

I'm sitting on the bed, watching the worm wriggle to beneath the bed. Out of sight, out of mind, I think and settle back to read a magazine. Something catches my attention. I look and see that the worm has crawled up the bed frame and is almost on the mattress. Oh hell no, not going to go with that. I get up off the bed. The worm drops to the carpet and wriggles in my direction. All righty, then, that's that. I roll up the magazine and swing it like a golf club to whack the worm. It flies through the air and splats against one of the French doors. It sticks for a second, then slides down a bit. As it slides, it begins to fade away until it's gone. This does not strike me as unusual. If anything, I'm just happy the worm is gone.

Notes:

We're not looking for property nor do we want to buy property at this point. But there was a feel that we needed to get property and get it set up to provide a landing zone for our kids and with an eye for long term residence, such as growing a big garden and possibly getting some chickens. This did not strike me as odd even though I suck at gardening and know nothing about raising chickens.

When I was talking with my son, it was like I was there in his house. Other than the size of the coins, there was nothing metaphoric. There was a sense of something coming, something bad that both of us felt coming. So far, it wasn't on the radar for most of the people but it wouldn't be long before it was. It was imperative he be out of the city before that happened. I have no clue what I sensed beyond it was going to involve not being able to get cash to buy supplies.

That short bit with my parents. My mother crossed almost 30 years ago but my father is still living. This isn't the first time they've shown up like that in one of my dreams but it's been over a year. When they do show up, usually my father just stands there silently. My mother told me once that she would be the one to assist him when he crossed, when he finally made up his mind whether he wanted to live or die(My father is in his mid-80's. He has some health issues but nothing pressing in terms of life expectancy. There may be some dementia, I don't know for sure because I don't have contact with him[long story]. ). I don't know if this is a head's up that my father is dying-like I said, they've shown up like this before in my dreamtime-but it caught my attention since it had been a while since the last time. Ah, family dynamics. They don't change just because they're dead. Big Grin

I searched for a worm that looked similar to the one I saw in that awful shag carpeting and this is as close as I got: http://www.thewormdude.com/tag/big-worms/

Scroll down to the worm atop the bucket lid, with the coin for comparison. Imagine that worm, only bright red and not transparent.
Like the way you write, I could "see" the part about the worm as I was reading it. I have nick-named you "wormwacker". Tongue
DLP - Thanks for the visual at lunch! I am currently rehabbing a place to live where I can have a huge garden. Last weekend we took stock of the dilapidated chicken coop, although I don't know squat about chickens either. I'm sure I would name them and only be able to eat the eggs. Sigh.

Anyway, this dream sure had a lot going on, but I was wondering what the worm significance was. The rest is pretty straight forward, but in context with the worm maybe not? What about the worm translates to "I'm gonna have to deal with that"?
I found it interesting that the worm was in the green shag carpeting, like it would be on green grass.
Thanks for the detailed dream, "wormwacker". (Good name Julie! Big Grin)
Ah Wormwacker,
consider this- metaphorically
Recall the series "DUNE"
the WORM
was the Magic.
It was desired in all the quadrant for its silken treasures.
it was feared
and those who 'rode' it ruled
as in Avatar, he who rode the RED one
eventually ruled (or won)

just sayin'
Powerful dream segment girl. Wowee
worms are needed for good soil, so maybe its significance is in growing the garden.
Oh gosh Rene
yes!
The garden of LIFE-
I had forgotten about red worms making the absolute BEST compost in the world!!
Where I used to live there was an earthworm farm that cultivated just
red worm peat/compost and delivers them all over.
That actually segues into the DUNE worms' silk that is treasured in the story.

(03-06-2016, 02:46 AM)Rene1111 Wrote: worms are needed for good soil, so maybe its significance is in growing the garden.
THE CRIMSON OR SCARLET WORM

Psalm 22 (sometimes called the Psalm of the Cross) tells about the suffering and death of Christ 1,000 years before He actually GAVE His life upon the cross. Verse 1 says, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? …” In the gospels of Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34, Jesus cried out the same words while hanging on the cross. In verse 6 of Psalm 22, Jesus says something odd: “But I am a worm, and no man.” What did he mean by saying “I am a worm”?

Usually in the Bible, the Hebrew word for a worm is “rimmah”, which means a maggot – but the Hebrew word Jesus used here for worm, is TOLA’ATH, which means “Crimson worm” or “Scarlet worm”. Both scarlet and crimson are the colors of blood – deep red. When it is time for the female or mother Crimson worm to have babies (which she does only one time in her life), she finds the trunk of a TREE, a wooden fence post or a stick. She then attaches her body to that wood and makes a hard crimson shell. She is so strongly and permanently stuck to the wood that the shell can never be removed without tearing her body completely apart and killing her. The Crimson worm then lays her eggs under her body and the protective shell. When the baby worms (or larvae) hatch, they stay under the shell. Not only does the mother’s body give protection for her babies, but it also provides them with food – the babies feed on the LIVING body of the mother!

After just a few days, when the young worms grow to the point that they are able to take care of themselves, the mother dies. As the mother Crimson worm dies, she oozes a crimson or scarlet red dye which not only stains the wood she is attached to, but also her young children. They are colored scarlet red for the rest of their lives.

After THREE DAYS, the dead mother Crimson worm’s body loses its crimson color and turns into a white wax which falls to the ground like snow. So what did Jesus mean by saying “I am a worm”? There are a lot of ideas what Jesus might have meant, but nobody really knows for sure. However, it is very interesting that, just like the Crimson worm, Jesus sacrificed or gave up his life on a tree so that his children might be washed with HIS CRIMSON BLOOD and their sins cleaned white as snow. He died for us, that we might live through him!

“Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” Isaiah 1:18

Smile
speechless
at this.....
"Wormwacker" Big Grin

In RL, I wouldn't be inclined to try for a hole in one with a worm. I'd be more likely to pick it up with a pencil and take it outside where it belongs. After that, it's on its own.

Been reading the responses.

Another definition for worm, according to Merriam-Webster:
Quote: a person who is not liked or respected : a very bad person
At first I thought the worm might represent someone trying to intrude in my dreamtime. It happens and I wouldn't be surprised if my subconscious assigned that someone the form of a worm.

Then I read Goldengirl's question:
Quote:but in context with the worm maybe not? What about the worm translates to "I'm gonna have to deal with that"?
and thought perhaps the worm represented some personal "stuff" that's come to my attention and requires my attention for healing, although how that would relate with whacking the damned thing across the room wouldn't be an optimal way of healing.

Whatever it represents, I saw it as an inconvenience and something that needed to be removed from my presence.

I haven't really had much time to think on it for the last couple days. I will say this dream was the beginning of some very vivid personal dreams that I've had over the past few days, all with the same theme of something's coming and I will be called to action soon.

And I learned a lot about vermiculture from the Worm Dude. May need that info in the future, either for gardening or fishing. Wink