Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bomb in a hotel
Well. I had a dream all set to post, went to correct one thing, hit backspace, and the whole damned dream disappeared. Rather than re-type the whole thing, I'll synopsize.

Nap dream, 8 April 2016, no intention set.

At a business conference taking place in some hotel with my partner. We're in the restaurant and, watching a man play with his cigarette lighter, I get a flash of Knowing that there's a bomb somewhere in the hotel. I grab my partner and we hustle to an exit. On the way out, I pull the fire alarm as a means to get the hotel evacuated.

Later, I find out that a bomb filled with nerve gas was found behind a ventilation grate near the restaurant. It was found before it was set to detonate and the search was on for whoever put the bomb in place. The newsie I was watching said authorities had claimed the nerve gas would have killed everyone in the hotel if it hadn't been evacuated for the fire alarm.

Notes:

My partner in the dream was not my husband. Even though I don't know this man, there was a sense we had been together for some time, long enough for him to trust my bursts of Knowing. When I told him we had to leave NOW, he didn't hesitate to leave with me.

The man playing with his cigarette lighter was undistinguishable. Basically one of those people who just blend into the scenery. The most I remember about him was he had black hair cut in almost a military cut: short on the sides and back, longer on top.

The hotel was a very nice hotel in the downtown area of some city. Whatever the conference was, all the tables in the restaurant were filled with men in business suits. Even my partner wore a business suit. I was the only woman in the room and couldn't figure out why I was there because the conference had nothing to do with me.

Yes, even in the dream I was concerned I'd be arrested for setting off a false fire alarm if no bomb was found. Big Grin
What kind of conference was it? Sounds like if all the men were in suits, it was a high end conference and location. Any indication what city?
No indication of what city it might be. But it was a high-end hotel. Everyone spoke English so I assumed it was in the US. And something I left out of the synopsis was my partner and I lived in that city because I went straight to our house after leaving the hotel.

No indication of what kind of conference it was, either, because I didn't understand what they were talking about. Way over my head stuff.

I was wearing a dress and heels. I am so not a dress and heels kinda girl. Big Grin
English could mean London though, or anyplace really that just had English speaking attendees. I don't know why I'm thinking Hong Kong.

I love to dress up on occasion, heels make me feel really tall and powerful!
Yikes
sounds so plausible.... and clear.
Like I said, "April 19 is coming up".
When is/are the two party conventions coming? And where?

July 18-28th in Phila and Cleveland. Do you live near there anywhere D?
Just thinking here.
(04-09-2016, 10:14 PM)*AD Wrote: Yikes
sounds so plausible.... and clear.
Like I said, "April 19 is coming up".
When is/are the two party conventions coming? And where?

July 18-28th in Phila and Cleveland. Do you live near there anywhere D?
Just thinking here.

Nope. I live way the hell and gone out in the boonies of AZ these days. I'm lucky to have a semi-decent internet connection at the moment. And when I'm not here, I'm in TX.