Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just venting....4/17/16, am
This is the reason I need med's to help me stop dreaming. This is a every night occurrence and my brain needs some rest. I have to work a day job that needs my full attention. Maybe I just need a supplement to increase my brain capacity. I won't go into the long details of each dream.

Dream 1. An actor from a TV show I watch is in love with me. Feels like I am on the show. I am lucid dreaming in this one.

Dream 2. I am moving to FL. and am talking with a woman about a job. She tells me there is an opening where she works and I would do well there. I find out it's a job at the Post Office.

Dream 3. A woman I worked with 2 years ago at a temp job is sick with a respiratory lung issue.

Dream 4. I am sitting with a group of people and a man asks me where is my favorite place that I have visited and would like to go back there. I tell them AZ. & NM. Then I see a Mesa with a village on top of it. Then I am in the village and hear someone complaining about all the tourist. Another person smiles and says, it's ok, they want to learn and that's good.

And to start my day off, as I am sitting here writing this, Crow comes by for a little visit, caw caw caw! Last time I heard from Crow a week or so ago one of my cousins passed on.

Afterthoughts: Dream 1, I do watch the show every week and there is little to no romance on the show. So will be interesting to see if they write in a romantic relationship for this character. Dream 2, I have never wanted to move to FL. Dream 3, this has to be a prayer request as I have not thought of this woman in 2 years. Dream 4, the man who asked me the question, I have seen him in other dreams where the buildings look like Indian adobe style of NM or AZ. I like his smiling Spirit.
Julie, are you physically fatigued from this too? Or do you feel rested when you awaken?

Are you mentally fatigued more from having to think about all of the dreams of the night before? or mainly from the dreaming during the night, only?

Do meds exist that successfully prevent a person dreaming?

My last question for right now has *total respect if it's too personal to be answered here.

How does this problem make you feel emotionally? Just frustrated or anything stronger? Do you resent it or are angry about it? In other words, is it too nosey of a question to ask you how life-altering it is at this time?

God help and bless you for this to cease. Will have you in prayers.
I just know too much and sometimes it weighs heavy. That is why I said "I am just venting". If admin wants to delete this post, feel free to do so.
Nah. You may want to vent some more. Wink
Tongue

(04-18-2016, 09:14 AM)DLP Wrote: Nah. You may want to vent some more.  Wink
I hear ya, chickie. Will be praying for you and this "overload."

(04-18-2016, 08:24 AM)Julie Wrote: I just know too much and sometimes it weighs heavy. That is why I said "I am just venting". If admin wants to delete this post, feel free to do so.
Julie, we all need to vent sometimes! Being a precognitive dreamer is no easy road. And you get signs as well. This may be too simple, but have you ever tried melatonin? It's a natural sleep aid, and it makes me blotto. Wine can have that effect too, although I am not encouraging drinking to excess here. I wouldn't recommend valerian, as I've had some awesome dreams on that stuff. Relaxes me enough to let my mind fly I guess. Crappy Tylenol PM makes me blotto too, but I don't like the feeling it leaves me with the next day, and tylenol is not good for your liver.

I am going to mosey off and see what else I can come up with, ok?

Here is a link regarding stopping excessive dreaming. Not sure if you've tried any of it. (someone here did recommend valerian and catnip as well to stop excessive dreaming, but indicated valerian can give some people wild dreams - like me!)

http://ask.metafilter.com/89102/How-do-I...ive-dreams

Julie, Google "How do I stop excessive dreaming". There's a wealth of links for you to browse and consider. You're not the only one.
Keep venting, trust me it helps!
(04-18-2016, 11:22 PM)TȞATÉ MAKȞÁMANIYAŊ WÓIHAŊBLE Wrote: Keep venting, trust me it helps!

Beats the hell out of kicking a hole in the kitchen wall.

Wink
Agreed Windy venting is helpful, like punching a pillow.
I FINALLY got reliable internet the other day and Murphy's law kicked in.
My laptop died. Took me two days to figure it out.
I about gave up and walked into the ocean to never return. it gets t i r i n g!!!

Tho I am not 'tired' yet of nightly snippets that unfold the next day (it is cool actually) I DO tire of
dreaming about surgery. Every night. Last night it was cataract surgery all night long.
Nothing precog except I see that my next door neighbor had cataract surgery today and I am concerned that what I saw in the dream actually unfolded.
I won't know until tomorrow. gulp.
Personally I think it is my body lexicon (tool) for healing me innards.
Never mind I worked in surgery for twenty six years.
Chalk it up Julie to your skills and talent
yes
dreaming lucidly is a talent and skill.
(04-18-2016, 11:57 PM)*AD Wrote: Agreed Windy venting is helpful, like punching a pillow.
I FINALLY got reliable internet the other day and Murphy's law kicked in.
My laptop died. Took me two days to figure it out.
I about gave up and walked into the ocean to never return. it gets t i r i n g!!!

Tho I am not 'tired' yet of nightly snippets that unfold the next day (it is cool actually) I DO tire of
dreaming about surgery. Every night. Last night it was cataract surgery all night long.
Nothing precog except I see that my next door neighbor had cataract surgery today and I am concerned that what I saw in the dream actually unfolded.
I won't know until tomorrow. gulp.
Personally I think it is my body lexicon (tool) for healing me innards.
Never mind I worked in surgery for twenty six years.
Chalk it up Julie to your skills and talent
yes
dreaming lucidly is a talent and skill.

Sounds like you can smell the surgery prep on people a mile away, and it that smell haunts your dreams Bwahahaha (Joking) I hated the swabbing of my nose before surgery... So Gross!
Thanks for the link GG. I cannot drink alcohol or I would drink wine. In 2000 the enzymes in my liver that process alcohol stopped working, so no alcohol for me. Over the years I’ve taken melatonin but don’t remember that it helped all that much. My body is also sensitive to mood altering drugs so I have to be careful with what I take. Last night I took 3 Advil pm instead of my usual 2 dose. All the dreams were blurry and I overslept. I will keep searching. Oh, and mediation doesn't work either because it sends me on walk-about.
If anyone prayed for me, thank you! This morning I am working from home and had a few minutes before getting started for work. As I sat down in my chair, a thought came to me to pick up my Bible. Then the thought, Jeremiah, came to me. I had not read Jeremiah in a long time and so I thought I will read a few verses then read the rest after work today.  The verses that caught my eye were Jeremiah 4 - 9. They were perfect and just what I needed to be reminded of. This is what it says if anyone wants to read it. And I included a link about Jeremiah because I think there are Jeremiah’s on NDC and the world today.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cd...remiah.htm

Book of Jeremiah, Verses  4-9

4. Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

5. Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

6. Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.

7. But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.

8. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.

9. Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
Thankful along with you and for this awesome Praise Report, sistah-gal.

Editing PS here...Julie! I'm very much a New Testament gal but never discounting the Old. But, Wow I don't recall ever having read this part of Jeremiah nor having it read in my presence either. Powerful and beautiful.
As my only living Texas aunt said years ago, God spoke through a jackass once and a burning bush, so you bet He speaks through even the least of us at times.
hugs~
Thanks Nanny! Love what your Aunt said.

(04-20-2016, 08:10 AM)Nanny Wrote: Thankful along with you and for this awesome Praise Report, sistah-gal.

Editing PS here...Julie! I'm very much a New Testament gal but never discounting the Old. But, Wow I don't recall ever having read this part of Jeremiah nor having it read in my presence either. Powerful and beautiful.
As my only living Texas aunt said years ago, God spoke through a jackass once and a burning bush, so you bet He speaks through even the least of us at times.
hugs~
hmm. DLP's dream was of her as a child today.
Thanks Julie.
Well, guess what I just found, yep it's the guy from this dream, eye glasses and all. I have never been to this Hopi village or near it. The tour guide is Micah Loma'omvaya.  http://www.hopitours.com/untitled1.html  

I do hope this is a precog dream because I would love to visit there one day.  Cool

(04-17-2016, 07:57 AM)Julie Wrote: Dream 4. I am sitting with a group of people and a man asks me where is my favorite place that I have visited and would like to go back there. I tell them AZ. & NM. Then I see a Mesa with a village on top of it. Then I am in the village and hear someone complaining about all the tourist. Another person smiles and says, it's ok, they want to learn and that's good.

Afterthoughts:  Dream 4, the man who asked me the question, I have seen him in other dreams where the buildings look like Indian adobe style of NM or AZ. I like his smiling Spirit.